Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnbv

cost of accutane?

What do you think they will give to me. I have done their little "protocol" retin a, minocyclin, and tropical antibiotics. made my skin red. I would rather have acne then red skin, so I started dan's regiment. I have it really bad on my back. all over. BP works on it, but I want to use my back as an excuse to use accutane on my face. Because no one can see my back, I aggravate it to get more acne so I can get accutane! Funny huh? So They gave me a month on the "protocol" and I checked back. They said, contiue to do this for 3 months. If you don't get better, then we will send you to a derm. where you can get accutane. It is 1 month from the 3 month set time. I will be using dans regiment untill I can get accutane. I have it every where on my face also, but not as severe as my face. I have it every where, just not in great amounts. About 6 active ones. lots of little ones. not to bad. I just don't want to worry about this anymore. My mom dosent want me to go on it, but I can convice her, if it doesnt cost to much... When you rasie the mg, dose the price go up? How much will it cost for a full treatment? (5-7months) insurance does not help? It would be so nice to go into 10th grade with perfect skin. (I will start tane' in the summer.) What are the side effects of 40 mg a day? I would sacrafice some side effects to get more clear skin then on 20. dry lips and a sore back for totally clear skin?! are you kidding me? :- What do you think? 20mg? 40, 60? none? What is your opinion?

Look to pay anywhere between $600-800/month if you go through a US pharmacist. This does not include your doctor's visits, dunno if your insurance covers those or not. Your best bet would be to still goto the dermatoligist because of how dangerous this drug can be/get all your blood tests, but get your perscription filled at one of the online pharmacies, where prices can range anywhere from $150-300/month instead of $600-800.

I put in an order from value pharm but I cant comment as I have not received anything yet. I did send them an email asking about my order and was told it mailed out on the 25th.

how would I go about doing that? where are there online pharms? So basicly, go to the derm, get everything done needed, blood test whatever. Then go to one of these online pharms and get a 200 month price? Any opinoins on the useage of accutane in my situation?

im on 40mg x 210 capultes and pay 536US for my whole treatment. im from canada so it would be 805CAD i think thats way cheaper then what you guys get.

and thats good for 4-5 months im on it for 4 months.. 2 40mg on a even day and 1 40mg on a odd day.

im on 40mg x 210 capultes and pay 536US for my whole treatment. im from canada so it would be 805CAD i think thats way cheaper then what you guys get.

uhmm yeah...ALOT cheaper. I paid $780 for 90x20mg for 1 month. So I think its safe to say yours is cheaper!

Well, if you have insurance then accutane would be hella cheap for you...in most cases. Too bad I don't have insurance. I order from a canada pharmacy...the medicine shoppe at www.medsforless.com

I pay about $180 a month for 80mg a day. I just get my prescription from my doctor, then spend 5 minutes to fill out the paperwork (which is on their site), along with my prescription, and I get it pretty quickly after that. If I ever need any prescriptions in the future i'd definately go through them.....good service, good price, tis' all good.

-Shawn-

Lol I was just going to say don't you get it free because of NHS or anything? If I can convinve my doc to perscribe it it'd be free, or £6 per 6 weeks perscription or something :-

I feel a bit happier. I might just be able to get this stuff. It is reasonable at the canada store. So you just need the perscription from them, but not buy it from them? I wont need more then 60 mg a day. maybe not even 40mg. I am :- that the prices are cheaper with lower doeses. Now I just have to wait 2 months, and I will be on it! :)

No, you get the prescription from your US doctor, then you go to that website I said, print out the 3 forms, fill all them out...and on the 3rd form you attach your prescription. It's easy and relatively cheap compared to getting it straight from the US. good luck

-Shawn-