Notifications
Clear all

dianette diary

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/28/2003 3:51 am

DAY 1

today is my first day of starting dianette.

i have to take a tablet at the same time everyday. i have to take a tablet everyday for 21 days then have a 7 day break then start the next pack then another 7 day break etc. dianette is a birth control. its ingrediants are (for each tablet) 2mg cyproterone acetate (an anti-androgen) and 35 micrograms of ethinylestradiol(oestrogen). it says in the instructions that it takes three months to show any improvement in acne and a few weeks to notice less greasy skin. i hope this works. i will be washing my face with no7 gel cleanser for oily to combination skin and afterwards spraying my face with cold water to tone. i will not be using a moisteriser as they break me out even more. on the spots on my face i will be applying clearasil active treatment cream in colurless. i wash my face twice a day.

so i can see if there is any progress i will detail how bad my acne is. my back is totally covered in spots, my chest has 18 spots, my neck has 46 spots and 3 cysts and my face has 44 spots and 5 cysts.

i will also be eating healthy (lots of fruit and veg) and drinking lots of water (about 8 glasses a day).

MemberMember
(@victoriab)

Posted : 04/28/2003 9:15 am

I've also just started taking Dianette, which I have found quite sucessful in past. I was taking it a while ago but my doctor took me off it after two years, which is the max period you can be on it because of the health risks. It certainly kept my acne under control but like most drugs its not a cure for acne sadly :- . The doctor but me back on it again after a break but I'm cutting out all sugar in my diet to see if that has any affect because I believe the modern western diet has alot to do with acne. I don't think you'll find a cure in any drug or topical cream, I never have :)

But I am taking Dianette to just keep it under control while I try a improved more healthy diet :)

MemberMember
(@victoriab)

Posted : 04/28/2003 9:18 am

And I forgot to say good luck Barbie :- with Dianette its alot better than anti-biotics as it actually controls the hormones, which are the cause of acne. Shame though it takes so long to work

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/28/2003 9:43 am

thankyou victoria! :-

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/28/2003 9:46 am

victoria

does dianette clear up acne better than antiobiotics?

how long did it take until your skin was clear?

didi dianette make it 100% clear?

sorry for all the questions!

MemberMember
(@victoriab)

Posted : 04/28/2003 3:43 pm

Dianette does work alot better than anti-biotics

from what I can remember it started to clear in about a month

I didn't get any red spots any more and it cleared my chest and back of red acne spots

The only spots I did get were under the surface but I cleared them quite successfully with topical lotion, just ant-bacteria stuff to dry them out

hope this helps :-

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/28/2003 4:41 pm

thanks! :-

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 04/30/2003 4:27 am

DAY 3

So far no change in my skin.

MemberMember
(@emma)

Posted : 04/30/2003 10:50 am

gonna rain on your parade a bit here girls, but this is a forum after all....

Dianette was an absolute nightmare for me.

It will only help if your Acne is a hormonal problem.

All it did for me was give me a Deep Vein Thrombosis which hospitalised me for 2 weeks. Then I have to take Warfarin (Rat Poison) for a year to thin my blood, which involved fortnightly blood tests at the hospital.

Horrid Stuff.

Of course, like anything, different strokes for different folks I suppose, but thought I'd warn you.

Please look out for any swelling of the leg/ankle, calf pain, hot-feeling legs or breathlessness.

MemberMember
(@nessa)

Posted : 04/30/2003 3:42 pm

:-

Oh God Emma....

Its not worked for me either. Ive been taking it for 11 months and my skin is NO less oily and the acnes NO better, but im scared to stop taking it cos'of the horrific breakouts ive heard about......

Anyways what are the symptoms of DVT???? Is it to do with circulation??? Thing is I already have to take meds to help my circulatin (my hands, nose and legs go blue :) not a pretty sight) so if Dianette interferes with it , its OUT THE DOOR

Good luck with it Barbie :)

Nothing EVER works for me anyway. Ive been on Accutane twice with no success and Diannette was literally the last thing left for me to try, so the odds of it working wern't to bright.....it worked brilliantly for my sister though, her acne was pretty moderate and now her skins beautiful, its just the luck of the draw i guess...

take care xxx

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/01/2003 4:20 am

thanks for the advice emma and nessa :- . im a bit worried because im going on an aeroplane flight in a week which is a four hour flight and i have heard going on an aeroplane can give you dvt.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/01/2003 4:29 am

DAY 4

I am changing my cleansing rouitine to:

Morning; wash face with no7 gel cleanser for oily to combination skin. pat dry with towel. spray on cold water to close pores. pat dry. apply clearisil active treatment cream colorless to whole face (apart from eyes and lips).

Evening; wash face with no7 gel cleanser for oily to combination skin. pat face dry. apply johnson and johnson clean and clear deep action cleansing mask, wait for it to dry, wash off and pat face dry. spray face with cold water and pat dry. apply clearisil active treatment cream colourless to whole face (apart from eyes and lips).

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/02/2003 4:38 am

DAY 5

So far there is no change in my skin.

MemberMember
(@emilynil466)

Posted : 05/02/2003 10:09 am

:-

MemberMember
(@babi-face)

Posted : 05/02/2003 1:32 pm

do you guys think its a good idea to take Dianette 4 so long?

I heard about a woman who died from a blood clot in her leg due to dianette..

This is one of the reasons why i stopped taking it, when i first started i got these nasty, uncomfortable tingaling sensation in my legs and my left knee went bright RED! i was very scared so i came off it and as soon as i came off it my leg was fine. I told my dr and she said it was unusual and to try again but im too scared to and after reading about the serious risk, like blood clots and DVT i know acne is not worth it....plus im going to Mexico in July and its a 10 hr flight...who know's what could happen?

i don't mean to scare you barbie, im just telling you my experience...good luck!

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/03/2003 5:13 am

thanks for all the feedback! :(

i am going to carry on taking dianette even if it has risks cos at the moment my life is awful so to me it is worth the risk. if i get any symtoms of dvt or any migranes, then i will stop taking it cos i would rather have acne than die. for the last 10 months i have only been out the house to go to the doctors (and that is early in the morning so no one will see me) as i am scared of anyone seeing me. especially people i went to school with, as i used to be the one of the prettiest girls there, and now i look so ugly. i dont have a job and i never go out. i have a boyfriend who comes round my house every night, but that is the only good thing. but i have decided to get my life together starting from today. i am going to the mall with my boyfriend :P and next week i am even going on holiday! i have also applied to go to university which will start in september. coming to this message board has made me realise acne is normal, and that lots of people have it, and it has given me the strength to act normal again. i am going to try really hard to get on with my life. i do hope this dianette tablet works though, but if not i will not hide in my house anymore. my boyfriend said i am still really pretty, i just have spots to, but that cant stop me being pretty. i am just going to try and believe him, and stop feeling so bad about my self. wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/04/2003 3:02 am

END OF WEEK ONE

MemberMember
(@emilynil466)

Posted : 05/04/2003 1:20 pm

:P

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/24/2003 3:50 am

END OF WEEK FOUR

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 05/31/2003 4:34 am

END OF WEEK FIVE

I have noticed that for the last 4 days my skin has been a little less greasy.

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/07/2003 4:27 am

END OF WEEK SIX

For the last five days my skin has been a LOT less greasy.

MemberMember
(@narleta)

Posted : 06/07/2003 5:20 pm

Glad to hear things are getting better. i know how you feel. :D

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/09/2003 5:44 am

narleta, how long have you been taking diane 35?

MemberMember
(@narleta)

Posted : 06/10/2003 5:55 pm

Barbie: sorry. I didn't mean to imply i am taking Diane-35. My doc is considering putting me on Diane-35 within the next few weeks which is why i'm following your post. Just want to see how it works for people 8-[ Hope it continues working for you. Later. :D

MemberMember
(@barbie)

Posted : 06/12/2003 3:37 am

Thankyou :D