Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im new in this forum.. and 10s every1 for the info bout accutance wink.gif

im confuse now eusa_doh.gif .. i have moderate acne so i went to see derm, at my first appintment, i told him that i hav taken antibiotic before, but stopped for few months, so it started to break out again.. so he prescribe me "VITAMIN A" (accutance) without telling me that is accutance n the effect!

after 1 n 2 week , i get initial break out, worst nightmare, i never get so serious before.. i think im going to hav scar sad.gif .. so i did my internet research n found tis website lol.gif

at my third appointment, the derm said that i can take vitamin A with accutance, because accutance contain different type of vitamin A, and im taking only 10mg per day, so it wont bring any side effect, he said. IS IT TRUE??

And he also said i should eat this accutance 10mg per day for 6 month, but recommend for 20 months !! eusa_wall.gif IS IT CORRECT WAY??(im 55 kg)

Im currently now in the 4th week accutance, still facing initial break out,chapped lip, and hair drop.

Im new in this forum.. and 10s every1 for the info bout accutance wink.gif

im confuse now eusa_doh.gif .. i have moderate acne so i went to see derm, at my first appintment, i told him that i hav taken antibiotic before, but stopped for few months, so it started to break out again.. so he prescribe me "VITAMIN A" (accutance) without telling me that is accutance n the effect!

after 1 n 2 week , i get initial break out, worst nightmare, i never get so serious before.. i think im going to hav scar sad.gif .. so i did my internet research n found tis website  lol.gif

at my third appointment, the derm said that i can take vitamin A with accutance, because accutance contain different  type of vitamin A, and im taking only 10mg per day, so it wont bring any side effect, he said.  IS IT TRUE??

And he also said i should eat this accutance 10mg per day for 6 month, but recommend for 20 months !! eusa_wall.gif  IS IT CORRECT WAY??(im 55 kg)

Im currently now in the 4th week accutance, still facing initial break out,chapped lip, and hair drop.

Personally I would ask why you are getting such a low dose (you wont be offending him/her, your just curious about your own health! smile.gif )

See why this is the case, 10mg at 20 months (how can he/she say 20 months when it has not even been one?!) is a bit silly.

Do you live in Asia? Because there were other threads on this board today about derm protocol in Asia and how it's different from North America/Aus/UK. The standard where I live (Canada) is 1mg/kg dose for 4-6 months. It seems that in Asia, a different approach is taken.

I would say go with what your doctor says, personally. I don't think that doctors would continue to prescribe a dose pattern of Accutane that was proving to be ineffective. Do you know any friends that have taken Accutane at that dose and had good results?

After a month on Accutane, the initial breakout, chapped lips, etc. are totally normal, so it sounds to me like you're responding to the 10mg.

Good luck!

Mae

I have been on 10mg per day since mid december, and I have had so far very good results as my acne is tapering off to maybe 1 pimple/week or less. I had the initial breakout, which was a killer, dry lips/skin is a bugger for me. I am 60 kilograms, my doctor said if 10mg works it is best to stay with it unless the acne persists, so I basically decide how many mg I want. I have 90 pills left, so 3 months, and I might go longer if required.

20 months means 14 more derm visits than most accutane treatments. I don't know what derms cost out there but the guy i goto is 210 a visit. sounds like this derm has his mind on staying in business. smile.gif