Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
green_with_envy

I don't know what to do with my skin

I have very oily skin so it gets oily within like an hour or two after I've washed it. I'm very paranoid about people touching my face or just the oil on my nose. I'm using that L'oreal Ideal Balance (for combination skin) and it's been good but my skin still feels so oily afterwards. I've thought of using those papers for blotting but then I really don't like the feeling of still having oil on my face. The only thing that has worked in using wet clothes but then it takes off my makeup. I don't want people to see me without makeup and then put it on again in the bathroom. :oops: help?

do you have something against powder? that ideal balance by l'oreal is an oil slick disaster anyway. if you're so oily why are you using something for combo skin? you should be on mattique or something. carry a bottle of toner in a mini spray bottle also or a can of evian face mist and you can mist your face and blot it with tissue. then dust with some compact powder. and always before you wear your foundation do the oil test by putting a nickel size amount on a regular piece of cotton typing paper and wait overnight. in the morning there will be a ring around the makeup and the larger the ring the oilier the makeup will be. and no good for your skin.

ive heard NOTHING but bad things bout ideal balance too btw, hey those oil blotting sheets are AWESOME too--i like the clean and clear ones, they totally take off all ur oil and dont take off ur makeup! MAC blot powder works really well too, but i like to blot off oil before i use that so it doesnt get too cakey

A lot of people on this one other mineral makeup board suggest putting a layer of milk of magnesia on skin before makeup. I tried it today, and it made a really, really good mattifier - my makeup ordinarily congeals within hours but lasted over 10 hours today. I don't think it aggravates acne either.

My suggestions:

- gentle cleanser such as Purpose or Cetaphil

- I used to recommend a toner, but I found out first hand that it can make your skin oilier to use one. :-k

- Use an oil absorbing mask about once a week. Milk of magnesia is supposed to work well.

- The blotting papers actually work really well. If you don't want to spend the money, use a napkin instead.

OK--I have found my holy grail for oily skin!!!

Its by Peter Thomas Roth--and its a mattifier to put on before makeup--AND ITS NOT WHITE OR CAKEY!! and its doesnt ball up under makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! usually i get some greasies like 3 hours after I put on my makeup--today i put on my makeup and used this stuff in the morning--and at 2 am its still goin strong with no oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

downside--its $35 dollars for a little bottle--but for me--well worth it!!!

Hey,

A good idea is to use a cleanser for oily skin (Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foaming Facial Cleanser and Soap Bar. Be careful not to strip the good lipids, and just the excess bad fats and debris, otherwise if you strip all the oils, your skin will go into over-production) after which you could use an oil-controlling toner (like Lancome Tonique Controle or Origins Oil Refiner) and a mattifying moisturiser (like Estee Lauder Clear Difference Moisturiser or Origins Matte Scientist with Managing Solution). After which, throught the day, you can use blot sheets which aren't covered in talc/kaolin clay and a blot powder like the one by MAC.

As said in another response, you should use a cleanser formulated for oily skin, as opposed to one for combination skin.

As for milk of magnesia, I am so going out right now to buy some, to test.

OK--I have found my holy grail for oily skin!!!

Its by Peter Thomas Roth--and its a mattifier to put on before makeup--AND ITS NOT WHITE OR CAKEY!! and its doesnt ball up under makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! usually i get some greasies like 3 hours after I put on my makeup--today i put on my makeup and used this stuff in the morning--and at 2 am its still goin strong with no oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

downside--its $35 dollars for a little bottle--but for me--well worth it!!!

what are the ingredients? magnesium hydroxide, magnesium silicate, or something else?

Yeah, I tried that Loreal Combonatin Skin Foundation (in fact, I decided to wear it 2day for some odd reason). I thought it'd work- instead, it made me oily and uncomfortable. Currently I'm wearing D'Arcy foundation in Medium (which is too dark for my skin, but the Light is too light--aghh!) It's crappy for concealing my acne marks, but it makes me a lot less oily by the end of the day.

I really do hope that by the time September rolls around, I'll either be foundation-free, or wear a LIGHT tinted moisturizer. [-o< Haha everyone at school will be suprised. Prettiness! lol

Hi,

Check out product reviews at Makeup Alley. http://www.makeupalley.com Go to Productville and you can read tons of reviews on just about any product you are looking to buy. It has saved me tons of time and $$$. HTH and Good Luck!

BTW: if you don't want to use regular Milk of Mag Paula's Choice makes an awesome oil-absorbing mask that can be worn under makeup. You can check this out at http://www.cosmeticcop.com Just browse he products section.

Have a Great Day!

*Misty :D/