Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I went to a dermatologist roughly 9 months ago with acne, since then he's prescribed me with erythromycin, a gel to apply at night and a strong cleanser.

This has reduced the actual spots significantly, yet I do still get the occaisonal one or two.

Yet I am still left with redenning, which are marks from over 9 months ago.

They seem to be getting better with time, but as you will appreciate, 9 months + is a long time to live with something so upsetting.

My dermatologist has spoken with me and says that it is scarring, and that I can't get any treatment until this summer, if my spots have stopped breaking out completely.

My 'scarring' isn't the deep holes that I have seen on this site, my skin is almost completely smooth, just red in patches.

What I was hoping for is a few things that can help these long term red marks that are NOT prescription. Herbal/pharmaceutical or otherwise over the counter products that have helped you.

I've already been trying a vitamin, E, I think.

Posted

Bump.

I've seen a product on eBay that uses the excrement of snails to regenerate skin because the snails use it to rebuild their shell or something like that.

Scam or for real?

Posted
Bump.

I've seen a product on eBay that uses the excrement of snails to regenerate skin because the snails use it to rebuild their shell or something like that.

Scam or for real?

Guest <*>
Posted
Bump.

Scam or for real?

Posted

Wow, did your derm really said they might turn into scars? I've had my red marks for about a year and a half now. And just like you said they are pretty smooth and flat but they just look red (they sometimes look indented in certain light). i've only tried proactive lightening cream to get rid of them. Why are they taking soo long to fade? i am so scared that they will turn into scars just like your derm said.