Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThomThumb

MUST READ IF YOUR TAKING B5

If you have not gotten clear on yor B5 program and still have whiteheads with occasional cysts, I think I might have found an asnwer.

Sebum is made from a combination of lipids and this combiation made with oleic acid (the most common Omega EFA North Americans consumer, because the body can manufacture it out of normal fats) makes the sebum more dense and it moves out of the pore slower than normal sebum which is made from Linoleic Acid (most Americans do not recieve enough of this EFA).

Linoleic Acid is found in many vegetable oils but marketers ususally don't sell it in food first because heat when cooking destroys it, and second because it has a short term shelf life and has to be refridgerated when not in a cap form.

The best way to get the proper ratio (3:1) of EFA and regular fats is then to supplement with Flax Seed Oil. It contains the exact ratio the human body needs.

When your body finally gets the EFAs its been desperatly looking for your sebum production becomes alot less thick, redness diminishes (because the Linoleic sebum is soothing to skin), and white heads stop forming.

My own personal Experience:

I had been using B5 alone for 2 months and saw good improvements but then after I left home and started school, my eating habits were pretty bad to say the least. Cereal, peanut butter sandwhiches, and protien shakes were my main daily diet. I was going from face wash to face wash makeing my skin more and more irritated with overwashing trying to get rid of those stupid flesh colored bumbs! (whiteheads). Anyway, I search the web for whiteheads, in hopes that I would find something, and I did... alot of disgusting pictures.

Then after a few more pages of google later I stumbled onto a bunch of articles about EFAs and that one symptom when your not getting enough is whiteheads. I was like OH MY GOSH, so anyway, I went down to my CVS on the corner bought a 200 1000mg cap deal of Flax Seed Oil and took two everytime I took my B5 and then four before I went to bed (just to be safe).

Over the course of these last two months my skin has become ALOT smoother and its alot less oily, and except for one red mark from a big cyst, I am completely clear.

Hope this Helps Somebody

Will give this a go I think, thanks.

Holland & Barrett have a 50%-off deal on Flaxseed Oil at the moment, so it has to be worth a try.

Will give this a go I think, thanks.

Holland & Barrett have a 50%-off deal on Flaxseed Oil at the moment, so it has to be worth a try.

OK - got my shipment of these through today...1000mg capsules.

Just wanted to ask - you said you took two everytime you took your B5 and then four before you went to bed - I take my B5 in four doses daily (not sure if you do the same?), so do you mean I need to take 12 a day (2x4 for the B5, plus the bedtime dose)?

Just wondering if there's a risk of overdosing on these, or any nasty side effects - the label says only to take 2 a day (one capsule, twice a day). Thanks for your help.

OK - got my shipment of these through today...1000mg capsules.

Just wanted to ask - you said you took two everytime you took your B5 and then four before you went to bed - I take my B5 in four doses daily (not sure if you do the same?), so do you mean I need to take 12 a day (2x4 for the B5, plus the bedtime dose)?

Just wondering if there's a risk of overdosing on these, or any nasty side effects - the label says only to take 2 a day (one capsule, twice a day). Thanks for your help.

OK, thanks. :o)

I've been taking this dosage since Friday, and will keep going on it.

By the way, how long did it take for you to see improvements on this (also considering the effect B5 was having)?