Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caline

Just got a pretty good new makeup...

It's called: Loreal Ideal Balance Combonation Skin foundation. It covers pretty well, although it feels a bit greasy like the other Loreal foundations. To go with it, I also got Loreal Combonation Skin concealer stick- that's where the real magic is. This is a good concealer stick.

What I really want is no more purple marks all over my face, but hey, I guess I'm on my way... :)

I want summer! I swear, my school wants to kill us! (September 9-June 23). We'll die from the heat! On the bright side, we're starting the last marking period^_^

The makeup helps to cover the purple marks- but not very well/perfect in my case. You can still clearly see that I have dark spots I'm trying to hide. I suppose it depends on how dark they are for you.

My marks are fading- at the rate of a rock. I haven't noticed improvement myself, because I see them everyday when I hover in front of the mirror. My mom says she's seen a tiny bit of improvement... :?

I've had them since July 2002 which is...about 10 months. They really suck- I've seen little improvement as well.

I've had acne since 4th grade, and I am currently in 8th.

Hopefully they'll go away before I start school again in September :-

have you guys tried anything like Vita K to reduce the appearance of red marks? I've heard a lot of good things on the scars section about this stuff... check it out

I actually did try Vita K for awhile. But for me, it was too thick, and I didn't see any improvement. I'm pretty sure the marks I have are deeper/redder/purpler than regular red marks. :?

caline

I am a dedicated vita k user--it works WONDERS--but the key is consistency and patience--nothing is a miracle overnight. Also, you dont need to put that much on at a time, just a very very thin layer, then its not so thick

Hey,

The best way to hide them would be with a Vitamin A/C/E Cream. It helps relieve scarring, and internally taking Vitamins A, B, C, D, E and Zinc should help.

With make-up, before you apply your concealer and foundation, apply a yellow colour corrector (think colour wheel - art class, they cancel eachother out). Follow with concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone, a foundation and setting powder.

where can you get vitamin a/c/e cream (or creams?). I saw a vitamin c cream in a health food store but it was really expensive.

I'm using vita k right now but it isn't doing anything yet (2 weeks)

Hey,

If you would like to conceal purple marks, buy a yellow make-up base (Make Up Forever Yellow Corrective Make-Up Base, Red Earth Correcting Yellow Base), after which you apply your concealer on the now primed surface, followed by your foundation and setting powder then blush/bronzer. If you are, however, trying to conceal red acne or pimples, buy the green versions of the above (that is Make Up Forever Green Corrective Make-Up Base, Red Earth Correcting Green Base).

Applying the base allows your make-up to stay on longer and not to cake, it also allows your following products to apply better. Other bases are available for people who do not need to colour correct (Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Napoleon Auto Pilot), with the same benefits of staying power, anti-cakeness and ease of application.

Although L'Oreal Ideal Balance Foundation (which is virtually the same as Lancome's Adaptive since L'Oreal owns Lancome) is good, but a better version of the same brand is L'Oreal Mattique (again Lancome Maquicontrole is very similar). This controls oil, refines your complexion and hides blemishes and dark areas. An equally beneficial foundation which treats blemishes is Clinique's Clarifying Make-Up or Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Oil-Free Make-Up, more and less expensive respectively.

If you are after for a portable colour corrector and concealer in one try Clarins Concealer Plus Corrector, or Neutrogena Skin Cleanring Concealer in Correcting Green and your skin colour in either Fair, Light or Medium.

Make sure you apply your products on freshly cleansed, toned and moisturised/sun protected skin with a concealer and foundation brush for a more natural look which will last longer (Prescriptives Foundation Brush, Bobbi Brown Concealer Brush). Do not, however use either synthetic or natural sponges, for they waste way to much product and absorb skin oils and debris too - unhygienic and wasteful. Remeber to cleanse your brushes every three to four weeks with Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo and if need be in a diluted solution of antiseptic liquid. Be sure to keep brushes upright during cleansing and drying, because if water reaches the wood, it will rot and ruin the expensive brush.

Hi,

I have Blackmore's Vitamin E Cream which contains vitamins A, E and F. They should be available at chemists/pharmacists/drugstores/health food shops, but probably in a different brand. Be careful with some creams that they do not contain petroleum products like mineral oil or parrafin as these block pores and are like an artificial blackhead. These creams do however contain natural oils like avocado oil, but apply it at night. This is purely for a cosmetic reason since you dont want an oily shine during the day and skin repair occurs at night. Apply the cream at night after cleansing and toning.

Vitamin C creams are usually, as you said, found separately from other vitamins, however Ultraveuticals does have that A/C/E combination with lactic acid and a beta-hydroxy acid, and are quite expensive. They are however good in many cases. Ultraceuticals has another one which contains a lactic acid compound as well as vitamin C, to help remove scars, however if you take your vitamin C internally you should be fine. Vitamin C causes collagen synthesis, fixing skins elasticity and structure. Try drinking warm lemon water from freshly squeezed lemons daily, maybe 1/2 to 1 lemon a day.

Another good product which is said to be very good is Mederma gel. It heals new and old scars well in a two to six month period, with a 50g tube lasting a few months. Compared with some other treatments like microdermabrasion and injections, it is non-invasive, takes about the same time and is less expensive in comparison.

I have tried just about every concealer under the sun looking for my holy grail. I finally found it in theatrical makeup. This is not greasy or thick. I have very, very sensitive acne-prone skin and have not broken out AT ALL. The line is called Ben Nye. It is super, super, super cheap. You can find it at costume shops or on the web. www.wyb.com Click on the Ben Nye makeup and internet specials tab. The concealer is called MELLOW YELLOW. It comes in 3 or 4 shades and was developed to cover acne scars among other things in actors. This is well worth a look in my humble opinion. For other great reviews of many different makeup products check out Prouductville at Makeup Alley. www.makeupalley.com

HTH!

*Misty

I am a dedicated vita k user--it works WONDERS--but the key is consistency and patience--nothing is a miracle overnight. Also, you dont need to put that much on at a time, just a very very thin layer, then its not so thick