Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan Valmont

Concerned about alcohol and it's effects

Ok so my fav drink is "Vodka coke"....now before i go out i have alot...then again at the club i have even more.

Now i'm getting paraniod that this has lead to an outbreak which i have had this week.

If it is the cause....not sure,what am i suppose to do...drink water or coke?.

Alcohol definitely breaks me out...then again, so does Coke. Vodka + Coke would be lethal for me, but I must say that vanila stoli and coke is a wonderful drink.

I keep telling myself that I'll go sober when I go clubbing...then I get there and need a drink (or eight) to loosen up.

Some can't take alcohol without their face breaking out. I do know that all those cokes your having is giving you a lot of sugar. Am I right to assume that you don't eat much when you go out(That's after right?). If so then your sugar will be spiked even more.

If you get good vodka it actually tastes great cold and neat(By itself). It doesn't give you that nasty aftertaste that you've just drank rubbing alcohol.

Try finding other things that you can mix the vodka with that have less sugar. Orange juice not from concentrate(Has sugar but not nearly as much as coke). Try making bloody mary's or mixing it with vermouth for martinis. There are endless drinks you can make with this:

webtender.com The largest database, all drinks rated by users and has a feature where you can list what ingredients you have and they give you a list of drinks to make.

If you get good vodka it actually tastes great cold and neat(By itself). It doesn't give you that nasty aftertaste that you've just drank rubbing alcohol.

Guest Avian

Whenever I drink, I get a strange rash around my neck. Can someone tell me what this is?

Well i did drink,and i drunk way to much and was sick and lost £50 somewhere,i guess it's time to go the no alcohol route for awhile.

On another note,i've started to drink white tea again....with great results so far.

The only connection between aclohol and acne that i found was that sometimes before i go to sleep i was too blasted to take a shower or even wash my face, which made it a little worse.

I'm not suggesting it to anyone but binge drinking always helped my skin for some reason. Yeast used in beer is good for the skin, so maybe that could be it.

Here's my theory. Most people with acne have too good of an immmune response to the acne bacteria. This is why they always get an infalmmation response. Now one of the treatments they are studying right now is to get your body to not attack the acne bacteria so harshly. This is also why things like ice and the aspirin mask work. When you drink your liver, kidneys, and basically all your organs are more taxed, acne bacteria is shit all compared to alcohol that your body is trying to get rid in terms of importance so it focuses on that instead. Your immune response to things like the acne bacteria is weakened and thus you don't get inflammed lesions. Of course the tradeoff of binge drinking to lessen acne isn't worth it and if you take this approach you might as well take accutane because it will hurt your liver much less(If at all) than large amounts of alcohol constantly(Which will always damage the liver).

Here's my theory. Most people with acne have too good of an immmune response to the acne bacteria. This is why they always get an infalmmation response. Now one of the treatments they are studying right now is to get your body to not attack the acne bacteria so harshly. This is also why things like ice and the aspirin mask work. When you drink your liver, kidneys, and basically all your organs are more taxed, acne bacteria is shit all compared to alcohol that your body is trying to get rid in terms of importance so it focuses on that instead. Your immune response to things like the acne bacteria is weakened and thus you don't get inflammed lesions. Of course the tradeoff of binge drinking to lessen acne isn't worth it and if you take this approach you might as well take accutane because it will hurt your liver much less(If at all) than large amounts of alcohol constantly(Which will always damage the liver).