Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oo4playjason

dry red rash on cheek

hello, i've always had dry skin when getting out of the shower/etc, and it gets very oily during the day. i've mixed and matched all types of off the shelf acne washes/creams/etc. i've never had a horrible case of acne, but always had minor spots here and there.

lately i've been getting this raised red area with very dry almost callus like area on my cheek, parts of my chin, around the corners of my lips, and on my eyebrow(under the hair)

i have no idea what this is, or what to do about it and would appriciate any help you can give me.

here is a pic of what the main spot looked like this morning, last night i had some tinted clearasil cream on it(so i could go to the store), then washed with some noxima and warm water, then let it air dry.

the pic doesn't show how red it really is, but it is much darker than my skin color

user posted image

user posted image

thank you

jason

Guest Anubis

WOW. That almost looks like a chemical burn. What % is your BP? And how often do you use it? Give us more info....what products are you using right now?Does it burn of itch? I had a bad reaction to the BP in C&C continuous control wash...it's 10% and that is WAY too high for me.5% is ok but I have no reaction to the 2.5% in most brands. Dan's BP is 2.5%. I have ordered some and can't wait to try it!!!

%BP? agian i'm new to the forum, i've read about the suggested treatment and i plan on starting it asap but i'd like to know what is going on before i start

i have had no contact with any odd chemicals, and this has been a problem area for a few years, but normally it's just an area where i get dry skin, and normally it's not as big, or discolored

it's been this way for a few days.

and my normal cleaning is nothing to brag about, i usually use clean water/mild soap in the shower because i was never told what to use

edit: it doesn't burn or itch

Guest Anubis

tinted clearasil cream =BP

BP=Benzoyl peroxide

Hi there. I can't see your pics very well, but I am wondering if it could be eczema, or rosacea. It just doesn't look to me to be your everyday acne, but I could be wrong. Have you consulted with a dermatologist or your regular doctor? It might be a good idea to get it looked at before you start any acne regimen, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Since you said you used to mixed and matched products, maybe it's a bad reaction from mixing to incompatible products.

I had a bad reaction recently with C&C Black Head Astringant and Neutrogena On-The-Spot.

ok, i normally don't mix and match products, i just use water and mild soap and use clean and clear oil free moisturizer where needed. i mixed and matched yesturday after this happened, i was trying to clean my face really well hoping it would clear up.

and last night i found this site and read about rosacea and was scared that's what this is, but i also read somewhere that it can be cured by over the counter medicines

i live in the middle of nowhere, it's prolly almost an hour to the nearest dermatologist. i do not have a regular doctor i see, but i will have this looked into next week if i can get off work

i was just hoping for some imput, i know this isn't the normal acne breakout, but it's got to be similar

thanks for the replies

jason