Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3AD

Delna's "OMG" Method Worsened Red Marks

I've used Delna's method for 2 days and immediately stopped. Please see attached before and after pictures, taken at same time of day in same (natural) light.

As you can see, my red marks are MUCH worse.

Please note that I have NO active acne (have been clear for over a month after a single breakout, first in my life). My skin is smooth as silk in all areas.

Please note I am not blaming or discrediting Delna. I believe from all the resounding testimonials that this method works a majority of the time. Guess I got unlucky. I should say that my skin is not sensitive at all.

What I believed has caused this is the baking soda, which I used HIGHLY diluted with water and only left on for less than 20 seconds. I followed the regimen to a T, but did not use acne cream since I have no acne (and haven't had for quite a while).

"Before" pictures are day before I started Delna's method. "After" pictures are this morning, after second application of her method.

I REALLY hope this is just temporary inflammation, and I'm not set back in my recovery.

3AD

post-22505-1112376838_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376846_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376852_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376858_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376838_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376846_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376852_thumb.jpg

post-22505-1112376858_thumb.jpg

Um, you didn't follow the instructions correctly then. You shouldn't have diluted the baking soda so much (it should be very little water... when I use it it's still pretty chunky, but moist enough to be pasty). I guess it smeared into your skin, which made it worse? I don't know

Also, how much did you dilute the ACV?

Diluting the baking soda should make it less "irritable", if you will. By using only a little water, the consistency was too gritty so I softened it. Diluted ACV ~1:8.

Yeah, no idea, but it was dramatic enough that I felt necessary to post. Seriously glad to hear it works for others, but there's always the outlier ...

As of now (~6 hours later), redness has diminished but still not to levels before I started the method. I'm sure it's a temporary setback and I expect to return in at least a week, but startling nonetheless.

By the way, if there's anyone out there who can explain this logic to me: Why would red marks, essentially superficial scars from minor acne, take up to a year to heal (and so far in my case a few months already) when I've had traumatic wounds heal up in much less time? Take tattoos for instance ... I've got several and they run deep into the dermal layers of the skin. Yet I've never had a tattoo take longer than a month to heal up completely and cleanly, even without ointment.

Confused ...

You're right, that's gotta be it. Skin is just thinner (?) there. Actually, I have a tattoo on my head, which healed up quicker than any others. But head skin would be different from face skin, too. :-)

You're right, that's gotta be it.  Skin is just thinner (?) there.  Actually, I have a tattoo on my head, which healed up quicker than any others.  But head skin would be different from face skin, too.  :-)

Hey, you are one of many people who have suggested that, including my mother who is an esthetician. (I ran Delna's method by her initially and she said it looked completely safe. Again, I think it IS completely safe, my skin just reacted uniquely.) Anyway, we should always listen to mom, huh? I'm going to get some aloe vera at the store today. Have you had any problems with it clogging pores? That would be my only concern, since I'm acne-free now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

(P.S. I'm positive that BP aggrevated the red mark condition on my face -- I used it before seeing a derm and switching to Tazorac. A majority of the red marks are from the time I used BP.)

Hey, you are one of many people who have suggested that, including my mother who is an esthetician.  (I ran Delna's method by her initially and she said it looked completely safe.  Again, I think it IS completely safe, my skin just reacted uniquely.)  Anyway, we should always listen to mom, huh?  I'm going to get some aloe vera at the store today.  Have you had any problems with it clogging pores?  That would be my only concern, since I'm acne-free now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

(P.S.  I'm positive that BP aggrevated the red mark condition on my face -- I used it before seeing a derm and switching to Tazorac.  A majority of the red marks are from the time I used BP.)