Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kkhajavi

Line Scars from Smoothbeam

Does anybody else have weird scars (kind of look like a very thin cat scratch) from Smoothbeam

I had Smoothbeam over a year ago.

Thanks for your responses.

I just had one smoothbeam treatment 1 month ago. there are still 2 more waiting for me. is that really effective? any improvement? thanks! rolleyes.gif

Lasers are BAD!!! mad.gif I have many linear scars and craterish scars that I didnt have before the laser procedure. Checka little further back on the scar forum, there is already a topic on this ...you may find more info to help you...

I had laser resurfacing a month ago. It was CO2 combined with erbium. i have read some posts of other people who have had laser resurfacing, and it surprises me when they say that they had scabs. Because my doctor told me that the most important thing is not to get scbas, because if you get a scab, it is like a dead layer of skin and it is very difficult for the skin under the scab to grow. For the first two days I had dressings on my face, from the third day I had to apply vaseline every 2 hours to avoid getting scabs. In one area where I had a really deep scar I somehow got a scab, I went to my doctor and she rubbed it off with vaseline (ouch!).

I have no new scars from the laser resurfacing and my scars have healed a lot, some really little ones are gone and deeper ones are a lot shallower, and as the healing lasts up to one year after the laser resurfacing I am hoping to see them dissapear, too.

Did you have scabs?

Hi klaara, if you are referring to me..no I didnt have any scabs. I had erbium micro laser. My skin was red, then brown, after a few days it peeled only lightly.

One month later ..new crater scars began appearing all over my cheeks, shortly after came the linear scars. This was over a year ago ..however, the scars continued to progress for many more months.

I then foolishly had Thermage, which was a huge mistake.. the scars are now worse.

There are many people who have had good results with lasers..I may have been the exception, in the hands of an unskilled PS...I am happy to hear you are seeing good results. I have noticed on these boards, the younger the person the better results from laser procedures..I hope your good results continue for you... biggrin.gif

HI,klaara. What kind scar do you have? is the treatment mentioned above suitable for all kinds of scar?

I think I have shallow ice pick scars. But I am not really sure, because the don't exactly match the description... They are (more like were) quite shallow, but red and with uneven edges. To me it looked as if the top layer of the skin was missing...

I also had two scars from excision. One from a very deep scar.

So the results for the "ice pick cars": smaller ones are gone, deeper ones are still healing, but I see like 50% improvement in the already now.

The excision scars: smaller one is a lot more even but I have some trouble with the scar of the deeper excision: it is a little raised (like hypertrophic), red, and parts of it are lower than the skin surface, and the pores on it look big. it is really weird, I will go and see my doctor about it tomorrow. But I am hoping for the best. At the moment I have the Cicacare silicone sheet on it.

I will ask my before pictures from my doctor and make some pictures of "now" to show the improvement.

So, to (finally) answer your question I think this treatment is better for just "shallow icepicks" not for deep scars. But then again everyone is different..

I have loads of linear scars and half semi circle type scars left over from smooth beam - almost a year ago..... I would never do it again. I am now sorry I ever did. I have more scarring now than what I had when I began.... Live and learn I suppose... Devastated though... cry.gif