Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paul

washing in the sink

i dont have a tap that allows hot and cold at the same time

so i have to balance the water out first and put the plug in i rinse my face with warm water apply the soap

then pull the plug have to balance the water again hot and cold

then i wash off the residue its it okay to keep using this water even though it has some of the soap in it off my face or not?

i know its sound stupid but i just want to make sure its not effecting the regimen

thanks

Guest fatman_uk

I jus lean over the bath an use the shower head in there, have done for over 2 years. :)

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

LOL!

I think it's more a case of whats installed in the bathroom when it was built, bud. :roll:

-Gaz

LOL Yeah we all live in caves and take our donkeys to market every morning ....

i have a tape that can do hot/cold and the same time actually i was just helping paul.

Adam

ahhh thats better ! I just got back from relieving myself in the hole in the floor at the back of the garden i call a toilet. Now where were we...state of uk plumbing bah nothing wrong with it :-

Adam

if your shittin in a hole in the floor there is something wrong, there is notihng like a shitter that is perfect and fit for my ass to sit on can be nice a comfortable

Ummm.. it seems like off topic here.

I thought Paul was asking its it okay to keep using this water even though it has some of the soap in it off my face or not?

and not about US is as a better country than UK.

:wink:

you - to be honest i think fatman and i gave paul the best/only solutions to his problem right away. That being to try using the shower head.

I don't like the idea of splashing the same water on and off my face so i would say go for the shower head.

Nothing like a good debate about plumbing to drag a thread sideways thats what i always say :-

Adam

Lol does every foriegner (spelling is awful) think we're still in the dark ages? I have trouble rinsing my face too, it's so awkward, don't use a wash cloth cause fear of irritaion, can fill the sink with clean water but then my heads too fat to stick in the basin my ears get impaled on the taps, soap in my hair, toothpaste in my eyes BIG mess! don't have a B-DAY thingy which I guess could work :twisted: I normally cup the water in my hands n splosh it over my face (and half the bathroom) but the shower head seems great idea... why it never corssed my mind before is beyond me thx :wink:

I had separate hot and cold water taps in a few of my apartments too (and i live in Buffalo, NY, USA by the way). annoying, isn't it. I usually just did a straight rinse with water from the cold tap at the end to make sure I got rid of any cleanser residue. Astringent at the end (something gentle like witchhazel) would do the trick too. Fortunately, I now live in a townhouse constructed after the '40's with decent fixtures. I also rarely wash my face with a foaming cleanser at the sink anymore. I'm too short (4'10"), and wind up getting soapy water all over myself (I use Cetaphil now instead).

I wash in my kitchen now as my bathroom has 2 seperate tapes where as my kitchen has a joint one.

I did however, used to do it another way

Turn on both taps, fill half your cup palms up with cold then half with hot water (it's less painful this way) then chuck it on your face.

8)