Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
make_me_perfect

Hydrocortisone Cream

Before my acne got bad i used to use hydrocotisone cream 1% on my acne scars just after the scab had fallen off and i remember it being excellent but when i told my doctor i was using it she told me not to put it on my face because it can cause thinning of the skin.

Im thinking that it definately cant do as much damage as BP and all these acidic peels.

So has anyone else tried this?

Before my acne got bad i used to use hydrocotisone cream 1% on my acne scars just after the scab had fallen off and i remember it being excellent but when i told my doctor i was using it she told me not to put it on my face because it can cause thinning of the skin.

Im thinking that it definately cant do as much damage as BP and all these acidic peels.

So has anyone else tried this?

Hi I was just wondering what damage BP does? It clears any zits that I may get and I have never heard of it being a problem. Take care, RuPerki confused.gif

Hi I was just wondering what damage BP does? It clears any zits that I may get and I have never heard of it being a problem. Take care, RuPerki confused.gif

it messes up your skins natural moisture barrier and significantly thins the skin. but some people can take it, others cant, if its working for you then thats great. good luck.,

oooh goodie one i know the answer too ! i got this recently too i found out about it on cosmeticscop.com anyway - she says it can control the sensitising reactions from cosmetics and she says as long as you only do it like a week - it wont thin the skin. she said thinning the skin is when u use it for months .. ok here is the link to that info biggrin.gifhttp://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....REFER=SKIN&ID=7 ( i belive she mentions the hydrocortison in step 3 of battling sensitising skin reactoins )

your welcome - yeah i did for a couple days. i got scared to use it longer but i think it helped ... according to her it " turns off " the inflammatory reatcions or whateve.r i guess i prolly didnt use it long enough

I have used Hydrocortisone cream on some big nasty cysts. It takes a few days, but it does take them down a bit and helps tone down the redness. I only use it though when the spots are bad enough to warrant using it.