Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm new here, but thought that this might help me see my progress (if any).

A little about me: I am a 25 year old female. I have very light skin, brown hair, green eyes. I don't have a huge problem with acne on my face. It's mostly on my back and the back of my neck. It sucks. I've had bacne as long as I can remember. And I've had some issues with my face, but I'm sure it's not that bad. Just bad to me. When I got pregnant my face exploded. I hate looking at pictures of me when I was in the hospital having my daughter.

Anyway, I have tried every OTC product there is. Mostly SA with little results. I haven't tried anything on my back because it's very hard to get back there. Sadly, my arms don't bend like that. I was going to try ProActive, but the price tag was not in my budget (plus the way they automatically send you more). Then I found AcneFree which is supposed to be the cheap version of ProActive. It made my face feel like someone rubbed sandpaper all over it. It was awful and painful and just bad. I went back to my old stuff, again, with little results.

Then the other day I came across this website. What I liked about it was the fact that you could buy all these products at the drugstore for relatively cheap. There didn't seem to be any gimmick. I decided to order the BP gel because I don't like creams. They seem more drying to my skin.

I got my BP gel yesterday after some super-fast shipping. So, last night was the first time I used the Regimen. I'm going to use the Regimen with some modifications for my skin. I tend to dry out real easy, so putting that stuff all over my face would just cause damage. I'm going to list my Regimen for anyone that's interested.

Amanda's Modified Regimen:

1. Wash with Basis soap (less than $2 at Wal-Mart!!)

2. Apply BP gel just to problem areas (for me, chin and jaw line)

3. Cetaphil Facial Mositurizer (not the one with SPF)--morning

4. Dove Night Cream--night

Amanda's Make-Up:

1. Cover Girl Tinted Moisturizer w/ SPF

2. Cover Girl Concealer

3. Cover Girl Loose Powder

4. Blush, Eyeliner, Mascara

I used the BP gel for the first time last night. And maybe it's just my imagination, but this morning, the pimples that I have are smaller and less red. That may be wishful thinking, though.

As far as my back and neck go, I've been using the AcneFree lotion on it for the past couple of days. I just didn't want to feel like I wasted my money. But it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm going to start using the BP gel tonight. The worst part is that my boyfriend has to put it on for me. I hate that. It's embarassing. He doesn't mind, but I do.

I've been wanting to try B5. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please let me know. I appreciate any feedback.

Good luck to everyone!!

Well, my face is kind of dry. It's not because of the bp, though. It's the Basis soap. My forehead is dry and I haven't put bp there. On a better note, my face is about clear. That bp is amazing.

I forgot to mention last time that I use the Loreal Refinish a couple of times a week. It helps get rid of flakes. It's fantastic.

I started putting the bp on my back and neck. It's helping to dry up the pimples. That's good. And my back is so much less oily than usual. That's even better. I don't notice much improvement yet, but it's only been a couple of days. Plus, I'm about the palest person in the world, so the spots stick out more. The red spots are pretty noticeable against my white, white skin.

So far I'm feeling good. I'm very optimistic about the bp working on my back. I would like to try accutane or B5 still. My insurance won't cover accutane, so if anyone has any tips on getting it sans prescription, please let me know.

Turns out that my insurance does cover Accutane. I've got an appointment on Friday to see the derm. Hopefully they'll think that my back is bad enough for Accutane. I'm gonna stop putting the bp on my back until then, so maybe it will look worse. That sounds awful, but I'm so embarrassed about it. I have long hair and I can't wear it up because I'm afraid I'll gross people out. Maybe I could rub some oil all over my face and back from now until Friday.

My friend went to a derm that is notorious for prescribing Accutane. She got a script with no problems. I hope that this derm (whom I've never been to before) will prescribe it for me. Or at least some antibiotics, but it doesn't sound like they have worked for anyone. I would rather deal with the crazy side effects of Accutante and be done with it.

I'm crossing my fingers! eusa_pray.gif

Has anyone ever had good results from antibiotics?

Well, I'm being bad and not taking good care of my skin before my derm appt.

I almost didn't wash my face last night before bed, but then I just couldn't. Mostly because I didn't want to dirty up a clean pillow case. But I did have my boyfrind rub some lotion on my back...it's full of oil and perfume. I'm hoping it will break me out worse before Friday.

I'm actually feeling kind of guilty about this. I feel like I'm being fraudulant about my skin. I mean, I still wash and moisturize my face. I'm just not using any products that help get rid of pimples. But I am putting some pretty bad lotion on my back.

I just want it to go away! I want to wear tank tops. I want to put my hair in a pony tail. I want to wear a swimsuit.

My boyfriend thinks I'm being ridiculous. He doesn't see what the big deal is. He tells me that my back isn't that bad. Well, I'm a girl. And I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think that it may affect girls more than guys. Just because we're expected to be cute and pretty all the time. Guys can be covered in motor oil and still look hot (I have a thing with mechanics, although I've never dated one--there is just something about a guy working on a car). And I know that it affects guys, too, don't get me wrong. It brings us all down in some way.

And I am down...

So, I went to the derm today. She said that in order for me to go on Accutane I have to do a month of topicals. She said that my insurance won't cover it unless we tried something else first and it didn't work. That is fine by me. She gave me about a million samples of some topical stuff...Triaz pads, Tazorac, and Brevoxyl-4. I don't think that I'm even going to use them. Then when I go back in 4 weeks, I can say that they didn't work. I'm such a fibber, but anything for the Tane. I might use them on my face just so it will be clear, but I won't use them on my back (my problem area). But she said that her husband was on Accutane and hasn't broken out in 12 years. She seemed like it was something she was willing to try, but just can't yet.

So, I feel good about my visit. eusa_dance.gif

amanda,

good luck with everything....at least you don't have it on your face...I use to always have a little bit of bacne here and there...not a big deal...but it was for me when I was about to have sex with a guy, do you know what I mean? I am just being honest. Ne way, the antibiotics that I took for my skin actually helped my acne and now I don't have ne left...and my back has never been totally clear before! PM me if you have ne more questions.

In a nutshell, good luck

Thanks, Viv. Do you remember what antibiotics you took? I have just heard so many horror stories about antis. My doc has me on a bunch of topicals, but I haven't even used them. I think they are too much trouble. Especially when it comes to your back.

But I know what you mean about having guys see your bacne. I had a biopsy done the other day on some moles on my back. My boyfriend has to clean the spots and put ointment and bandages on them. I hate it. I feel like he must get grossed out, but he claims that he doesn't. I certainly appreciate him cleaning my biopsy sites, because I can't do it myself. But I still feel nasty.

And, I was going to wear my hair in a pony tail today. I had to look in the mirror to see if you could see any of the pimples on my neck and sure enough you can. So, needless to say...my hair is down today. I have a lot of hair and it gets so hot, but I refuse to have anyone see the pimples on my neck. It's just too embarrassing. And why should I care what strangers think? But I do!

Thanks again! And let me know what kind of antis you were on. Maybe I'll reconsider my opinion of them.

My face is remarkably clear. Just waiting for some red spots to fade. My back is still like it usually is...pimply. I haven't put anything on it. I'm waiting until my next derm appt. Crossing my fingers for some Accutane... eusa_pray.gif

I had one small pimple near my hair line the other day. No one could notice it, thank god. Now I have something working it's way up on my chin. Hopefully the BP will blast it away.

I did away with the Dove Night Cream. It wasn't strong enough. Now, I'm using the Cetaphil both day and night. It goes on real nice. My daughter said the other day that my face was soft. I thought it was sweet.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

I had a derm appt the other day. He put me on Minocycline...200mg a day for three months. I also got scripts for 3 topicals. I can't use the topicals right now because the Mino has made my skin sensitive and I spent the afternoon in the sun the other day and successfully burnt the hell out of my skin. It hurts BAAAAAD!!

Hopefully it will work!!