Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titanpinay

A good day to crap with a comment

cry.gifcry.gif You know, it's funny.... some days I'm having a great day.... I wake up and my skin looks okay.... I put something nice to wear... but then I look in the mirror at work or school, and I see all these red stuff on myface, and I get depressed, or somebody says something and it's like someone knocked me off my horse. The worst was the other day. At my work, I work with a lot of Filipinos, (I'm Filipino too so I'm not trying to be racist) and they tend to say their opinions on physical appearance. However, my life has been ok for a while coz none of my co-workers say anything about how I'm breaking out a lot since i first started there. I am trying so hard to get rid of it, but I keep making it worse. Anyway, I was getting out of the bathroom. I was pretty depressed coz stupid me look at the mirror. But I always try to tell myself, hey you're beautiful. You have a boyfriend that thinks so and your sister says your skin is fine. But then I see this co-worker of mine walking toward my direction. She smiled at me, and I don't know her really well. I have only seen her around, and I have never talked to her before... I said hi to be polite, and then she stopped me from going to my department. She said "what happened to your face? What is that? how did that happen? She pointed to my forehead. I could feel her eyes piercing my whole face... omg... I said it's acne, and she gave me this weird look (Like I'm a leper or something). I was trying to smile and tell her politely that I tend to break out, and that I have dermatitis too so that medicene helps me break out more. I told her that I am on and off with my acne, and she was like really? And all I thought in my head.... YES... for more then two years now... so back off!!! Can't you see people like you just bring our confidence to suicidal levels? I mean people wonder why other people want to kill themselves.. but it's hard to deal with this sitch when perfect strangers make comments about your face!!!... anyway, she gave me a look of concern, and then walk away.... (actually i just walk away first, then her). I was thinking I should have said.. ok lady, I don't go to you and say wow... whats that? and point to your stomach..... how did it happen> (she's overweight) , but looking back on it.... saying that stuff would just lower me to her level.... but it suxs.. it really got to me... compliments are bestowed upon me and all u guys, but we probably are haunted by the negative crap. That night I cried, and I wanted to rip my face apart. Sometimes having acne skin really suxs~!!!!

I just don't understand why people butt into business they shouldn't.... that's why this society is so superficial sometimes... my acne didn't affect her.. i don't know why she said anything..... the first thing to say to me .. and it's about my acne... ugh!

cry.gif  cry.gif You know, it's funny.... some days I'm having a great day.... I wake up and my skin looks okay.... I put something nice to wear... but then I look in the mirror at work or school, and I see all these red stuff on myface, and I get depressed, or somebody says something and it's like someone knocked me off my horse. The worst was the other day. At my work, I work with a lot of Filipinos, (I'm Filipino too so I'm not trying to be racist) and they tend to say their opinions on physical appearance. However, my life has been ok for a while coz none of my co-workers say anything about how I'm breaking out a lot since i first started there. I am trying so hard to get rid of it, but I keep making it worse. Anyway, I was getting out of the bathroom. I was pretty depressed coz stupid me look at the mirror. But I always try to tell myself, hey you're beautiful. You have a boyfriend that thinks so and your sister says your skin is fine. But then I see this co-worker of mine walking toward my direction. She smiled at me, and I don't know her really well. I have only seen her around, and I have never talked to her before... I said hi to be polite, and then she stopped me from going to my department. She said "what happened to your face? What is that? how did that happen? She pointed to my forehead. I could feel her eyes piercing my whole face... omg... I said it's acne, and she gave me this weird look (Like I'm a leper or something). I was trying to smile and tell her politely that I tend to break out, and that I have dermatitis too so that medicene helps me break out more. I told her that I am on and off with my acne, and she was like really? And all I thought in my head.... YES... for more then two years now... so back off!!! Can't you see people like you just bring our confidence to suicidal levels? I mean people wonder why other people want to kill themselves.. but it's hard to deal with this sitch when perfect strangers make comments about your face!!!... anyway, she gave me a look of concern, and then walk away.... (actually i just walk away first, then her). I was thinking I should have said.. ok lady, I don't go to you and say wow... whats that? and point to your stomach..... how did it happen> (she's overweight) , but looking back on it.... saying that stuff would just lower me to her level.... but it suxs.. it really got to me... compliments are bestowed upon me and all u guys, but we probably are haunted by the negative crap. That night I cried, and I wanted to rip my face apart. Sometimes having acne skin really suxs~!!!!

I just don't understand why people butt into business they shouldn't.... that's why this society is so superficial sometimes... my acne didn't affect her.. i don't know why she said anything..... the first thing to say to me .. and it's about my acne... ugh!

Guest Avian

People like that should be neutered. This is my new policy.

hey titanpinay...

yeah my Filipino co-workers tend to comment on my acne, that's why i avoid them like plague.

i'm so glad i transferred to another job...midnight shift, weekend shift - nobody sees me lol.

I used to know someone who, when my acne was at its worst and I was at my most self-conscious, would come up to me all the time and say, "Wow, you really have a lot of zits all over your face. That's really gross. Don't you just want to hide your face? You must feel awful about everyone looking at you like that."

Then one day he had a really, really, really big cold sore on his lip, for like, 3 weeks. He was sitting across from me eating lunch in a room with bright lights, and it was obvious that he was shifting around awkwardly and looking down sullenly at his plate, burning with the knowledge that people were all looking at and being repulsed by his big, cracking, red, dry, festering sore in the corner of his mouth.

And I just looked at him and said, "See how you feel right now? That's how it feels to have acne EVERY day of your life."

I used to know someone who, when my acne was at its worst and I was at my most self-conscious, would come up to me all the time and say, "Wow, you really have a lot of zits all over your face. That's really gross. Don't you just want to hide your face? You must feel awful about everyone looking at you like that."

Then one day he had a really, really, really big cold sore on his lip, for like, 3 weeks. He was sitting across from me eating lunch in a room with bright lights, and it was obvious that he was shifting around awkwardly and looking down sullenly at his plate, burning with the knowledge that people were all looking at and being repulsed by his big, cracking, red, dry, festering sore in the corner of his mouth.

And I just looked at him and said, "See how you feel right now? That's how it feels to have acne EVERY day of your life."

Guest Zitro

It's horrible when commented about acne by a complete stranger , it hurts me ... but I try not to get hurt by it.

Just remember that you said to your self that you are beautiful ... if you believe in it, don't make a random comment by a complete stranger to ruin your belief.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww girl - she must have been jealous cuz your skinnier - people who say stuff liek that have no self esteem to begin with - they have to point out someone else' flaws to take the attention off theirself. dont feel bad! if thats you in the avatar- you are so beautiful dont listen to her *HUG*

Guest Zitro
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww girl - she must have been jealous cuz your skinnier - people who say stuff liek that have no self esteem to begin with - they have to point out someone else' flaws to take the attention off theirself.

looking at ur avatar, i think ur really pretty.

hahaha, don't worry, i'm not a lesbian.

cheer up, darlin. oyea, and welcome to acne.org. smile.gif