Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julieta

I can't believe it.......

I was really dreading going to see my aunt who just came for a holiday from Australia cause she can be a right pain sometimes. Anyway, as soon as I walked in she said: "Oh My Gawd! What happened to your face?" Ok so I am on Accutane and my skin is horrible but have some compassion please towards other people's feelings!

Some people are so cruel - I mean she could have said 'Hello how are ya doin' first - but no she has to talk to me like that in front of a room full of people........

Some people are so insensitive - but you know what? I should just not care - but it still hurts a little.

My dad said that she was so surprised cause the last time she saw me (less than a year ago) i had no problems with my skin at all - but i would definitely have not greeted her in that way if it way the other way round............

Its a shame that happened but unfortunately some people are just insensitive, its not usually on purpose its just ignorance. Everyone on this board has suffered similar situations in the past

Guest Avian

I bet she regrets saying that. It was probably a gut reaction, not cruelty.

My family doesn't even bother with that anymore, once in a while I get a "ooh you look slightly better..." and then next time, no comment. lol.gif

my mum told me she would probably say something about my face - i just didnt expect her to say it before saying 'hi' and they way she said it was..............i can;t explain it - but to tell with her - she's getting old and wrinkley hehe

You're a good girl Julieta, always remember this. Ignore those out of place comments. The very very minimal thing she could have done was say hello first, of course, she shouldn't say anything bad at all obviously.

rolleyes.gif that's awful julieta!!!! i would not only be embarrassed but pissed off as hell....especially in a room full of people!! evil.gif some ppl just don't don't have any tact...

trust me though, I used to get it all the time...coz yeah the last time they would have seen me, I was clear and then bam! massive breakout, so they'd just be like "oooh, what happened to your face? you were so pretty" doubt.gif yeah, thanks....