Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desperateforhelp

how come concealer is so loved among yall

im a guy and i have some concealer from mac to cover up active pimples but i dont understand... how can everyone be so loving about it? most of the time i just end up looking layered and all visible anyway. maybe i still have to learn or maybe concealer just isnt for me.. i mean how DO YOU apply your concealer? i only do it with a brush cause well im not gonna rub makeup on an active spot its only gonna make it look worse especially if youd still see the red though the concealer...so please share, thanks.

Applying with a brush is good but perhaps you need to blend more. I use the MAC studio fix concealer applied with a brush then gently dab it in so that it blends with the surrounding skin... sometimes I have to apply a bit more over the top of the blemish if still visible. I then apply loose powder over my entire face which helps to set and further blend. This is probably much easier for girls since we layer makeup on all the time. And there are tonnes of products form tinted moisturizers to foundations that make blending so much easier.

Might be worth a trip back to MAC to have them give you some tips and show you how to apply. Do you have a sister or gal pal that can help?

i hate concealer - i really need to find something good - but i tend to stick to foundations since i have large areas to cover hehe!