Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At the moment I'm using ProActiv because that’s the only thing that works for me and for some weird reason, Sacrylic Acid makes me break out. I'm 16 and its only been the recent 3 yrs I suffered acne. I drink about a gallon of water a day, I don't drink soda, I take about 1 gram of Vitamin B5 daily (pantothenic acid) and zinc combo supplements (150mg Vitamin C, 20mg Vitamin B-6, 50mg of zinc). So yes, that’s what I do daily. Anywho, I think I have a cyst forming on the side of my cheek. It’s a lil bump, it dry skin shedding all around it, its itchy, and it hurts if u put a bit of pressure on it. I included a pic cry.gif ... any help?

user posted image

Oh yeah...that bugger is definitely a cyst. Have had MANY of those in my lifetime...

In my experience, the best thing is to get a cortizone injection at a derm. It will reduce swelling almost immediately and will break all that crap that's deep down in there right up.

If that's not an option for you, there's not much else that will knock it out very quickly. Topicals aren't very effective because cysts are SOOOo deep. You can try to put some Tea Tree Oil or BP on about 3 times a day and that will shrink it down a bit...but it will take time.

You can also ice it to reduce the swelling.

I am sorry dude...cysts SUCK major arse.

Good luck. eusa_pray.gif

OH! And for the love of all things good and pure...

DO

NOT

SQUEEZE

OR

PICK

AT

IT.

eusa_naughty.gif

It will only make things worse. Cysts just have to run their course.

retin-a might help...but you have to note that retin-a doesnt kick in immediatly, it will take time for you to actually see results. its by no means a "quick-fix"

Oh yeah...that bugger is definitely a cyst.  Have had MANY of those in my lifetime...

In my experience, the best thing is to get a cortizone injection at a derm.  It will reduce swelling almost immediately and will break all that crap that's deep down in there right up.

If that's not an option for you, there's not much else that will knock it out very quickly.  Topicals aren't very effective because cysts are SOOOo deep.  You can try to put some Tea Tree Oil or BP on about 3 times a day and that will shrink it down a bit...but it will take time.

You can also ice it to reduce the swelling.

I am sorry dude...cysts SUCK major arse.

Good luck.  eusa_pray.gif

Ice it. Run an ice cube over the cyst for several minutes, gently, 2-3 times a day. Continue on with your usual skin care regimen too. As everyone else said, don't pick at it, don't press on it, stop feeling it, etc. Icing it will help reduce the redness and swelling and should help with the pain as well. Put your usual proactive bp on it as you normally would but be super gentle with the area. Hopefully within a few days it will begin to resolve if you can leave it alone, and halt the swelling of it.

Good luck and I sure hope this helps you.

i'm in NY (don't know if that matters!) but every derm i've ever seen has told me that i dont need an appt. for injections. they're all like, well, just come in if you need one! i dont think you need a "formal" appt. because the shots only take a minute .

i usually call before i go, and they squeeze me in. the shots been a LIFESAVER for me in the past and especially during my Accutane initial break out.

anything short of that won't take care of the problem too quickly. even the shortest-lived cyst lasted a week without a cortisone shot.

i'm in NY (don't know if that matters!) but every derm i've ever seen has told me that i dont need an appt. for injections.  they're all like, well, just come in if you need one!  i dont think you need a "formal" appt. because the shots only take a minute .

i usually call before i go, and they squeeze me in.  the shots been a LIFESAVER for me in the past and especially during my Accutane initial break out.

anything short of that won't take care of the problem too quickly.  even the shortest-lived cyst lasted a week without a cortisone shot.

ugh hate those, i get those every so often, they're really deep down so topicals aren't going to do anything. cortisone is your best shot, literally, so either get that or just wait it out. unfortuneatly these take the longest to leave be glad it's on the side of your face not your upper lip, nose or somethin

ice it!!! for as long as you can stand! The apply Epicuren's Probiotic lotion (I'm like a priestess for this stuff, I love it so much). Not only will it help kill the bacteria, it will moisturize the skin around it.