Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aerobunny

Dial body wash worked for me.

Interesting read.

I wouldnt say i have back acne but i have this really bad rash on it at the moment. I think it is heat rash from where i weight lift but it is really irritating and it is getting worse I dont have any puss filled pores but loads of red bumps. I also get terrible clogged pores on my upper arms, parts of my chest and on the top of my shoulders. Again these don't have any puss in them and when i get out of the shower they are really inflamed red. This decreases through out the day but all of the time i have these little red dots everywhere.

Does anyone else get this? If so can anyone recommend anything for them?

Thanks

quick question - i have the dial soap (spring water) and its active ingredient is TRICLOCARBAN

and i have the showger dial wich has - Tricloson 0 .15%

WHICH 1 SHOULD I USE ?!?!?!?!

what type do you use? i just bought the dial antibacterial bodywash in the spring water scent. it says clean and refresh. but i think i was supposed to buy the 2 in 1

I just realized that dial bar soap and dial body wash has two different anti-bacterial active ingredients. I thought they where the same for some reason and I even checked when I first bought it. After reading some of the comments in this thread, I looked again at the active ingredients in both and see that they are both in fact different. The bar has triclocarban and the liquid body wash has triclosan.

So I am changing my game plan and I am going to be using the dial body wash daily. I still use the noxzema triple action antibacterial face wash. It has the same active ingredient as the dial body wash and has a higher percentage of the active ingredient.

Noxzema 0.3%

Dial body 0.15%

both contain triclosan

TY:OP :hifive:

This topic post is great.

The idea of creating a super bacteria resistant to triclosan is prob innevitable and quite scary but thats evolution for you.

Until then im gonna try and order some of this stuff from us to uk and give it a go as i have tried every other body wash.

p.s anyone still using the DKR with this i.e wash with this the apply 10%glycolic lotion then BP????

For the person who asked about a rash he had, I'm not sure if the Dial is particularly right for that. For a rash I'd try Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion, keep in mind that's for the body and isn't related to acne at all. I use it after getting out of the shower and it helps with rashes too, my skin gets unbelievably dry in the winter and this calms down my skin.

My bottle says "clean and refresh" too. I don't think I've ever seen a "2 in 1" kind before. Sounds like you got the right kind Incubus77!

How's the Noxzema working out dizzylizzy? I think I've used the Noxzema triple clean face wash before but it didn't work that great for me, actually. It gets good reviews from what I've seen though, so I think I'm probably in the minority on that. Hope it's working out for you!

And the possibility of a super bacteria resistant to triclosan? Triclosan is and has been the active ingredient in pretty much all of the antibacterial hand soaps on the market, so I really wouldn't worry about it. Don't believe too much of those reports you read on the internet :)

How's the Noxzema working out dizzylizzy? I think I've used the Noxzema triple clean face wash before but it didn't work that great for me, actually. It gets good reviews from what I've seen though, so I think I'm probably in the minority on that. Hope it's working out for you!

And the possibility of a super bacteria resistant to triclosan? Triclosan is and has been the active ingredient in pretty much all of the antibacterial hand soaps on the market, so I really wouldn't worry about it. Don't believe too much of those reports you read on the internet :)

Did anyone else have an initial breakout with this stuff? I started using it on saturday and i'm breaking out a little more. I'm going to keep going with this stuff though, maybe it will kick in after this "purge".

I've used this stuff (in the Spring Water scent) for a good while and it's worked okay for me, though I haven't cleared up entirely. today while doing research online, though, I found that it has two ingredients that are supposed to be bad for acne-prone skin (comedogenic, see specifically sodium laureth sulfate and sodium chloride. It really does seem to have been helpful for me body acne, though, so I feel confused, especially after coming across this discussion! Any thoughts?

I've suffered from KP or acne on my arms since before I could remember. I've tried everything, from Glycol wash to acne wipes. I've seen mild results since applying the DK AHA and using Lush's Sea Vegetable soap.

I purchased the Dial "gold" bar, which contains .60% of Triclocarban. Call me a snob, but I have never used something so basic and cheap before. Hey, if it works then who cares. I'll do just about anything at this point, sans drink pee. I have only used it once, but I can comment on it's superb lathering and smell. It also made my skin feel extra clean, without leaving it dry or stripped.

I am also using another soap I just picked up from Lush (Mud Flats); b/c I am such a product whore :razz:

I will report my results when some time has passed.

Wowzers, I see results in less than a week. My arms look better than they have been in over 6months. Thanks for the suggestion guys!

I Used the Dial "gold" bar for only 3 days. & Lush's Mud Flats bar soap for about the same time.

I have also been applying the DK AHA after showering.

I'm thinking about trying this out.. but which are we supposed to get for body acne? people have mentioned like 3 different products from Dail =]

I finally found SafeGuard at Rite Aid; which has Triclocarban of 1.2%. My recent love/fascination w/ Hibiclens has led me to try it on my body. I think it is helping my healing along.

Not 100% clear yet, which would be a miracle since I never have been anytime in my life. Can't wait.

For someone confused about which product to use, it really doesn't matter; just as long you find that it has an active ingred. of Triclocarban or any antimicrobial/antibacterial. The higher the better.

2 1/2 weeks- one arm 90% clear of breakout/hyperpigmentation, the other closely following at 80% clear of breakout and 60% clear of hyperpigmentation.

Gave up AHA, b/c heard it causes problems for KP. I'm not sure if that is true, but it did cause whiteheads on face.

Only using Safeguard to cleanse and occasionally a exfoliating natural loofah; which is clearing hyperpigmentation.