Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aerobunny

Dial body wash worked for me.

I have suffered from body acne for a while now, and I have tried everything from the Neutrogena body washes to twisting my body in odd forms to get bp onto my back. Nothing ever worked well, and the bp ended up staining my clothes from my back. Maybe I should've used a stronger bp concentration on my back (I used Dan's bp gel and maybe that was too light), but the results weren't what I wanted and so I began searching for a new way to get rid of my body acne.

I searched the forums for help with body acne and came across several threads regarding Dial Antibacterial Body Wash and its effects on acne. Many people in the forums said it helped their body acne and cleared up their back and chest, so I thought, why not, I'll give it a shot. The body wash does not contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. The active ingredient is triclosan, which is the antibacterial agent that gives Dial its "antibacterial" name. I didn't get my hopes up or anything, since a lot of things that have worked for others didn't work for me. However, I was pleasantly surprised, because this one worked for me. Not only did it work, the Dial body wash worked extremely well. My back cleared up significantly, as well as minimal problem areas on my chest. I was so surprised that something as simple as using a certain brand of what seems like ordinary body wash could work better than using bp on my back and other treatments.

It's a joy to use the Dial body wash in the shower too because it moisturizes very well, leaves my skin soft, and smells great. (I bought it in the scent Spring Water.) I was on an overnight trip at a hotel when my friend was complaining about the hotel soap and how it was making his skin crack. He noticed my skin wasn't dry like his, so he asked me if he could borrow my body wash. I let him borrow it, and the next day he said his skin was no longer cracking and he said that when he was using it, he was thinking, "Oh man, this is so great!" Then my roommate said, "Yeah, when you use it and get out of the shower, you smell realllyyyy good."

You just can't go wrong with this. If it doesn't work as well as you'd like on your bacne, it will give you moisturized skin and make you smell great. I am here to say that it does work on bacne; at least, it did for me. I've used this for two months and while it would be a lie to say that my back is totally, completely clear, I'm happy to say that all that's left are minor bumps and minor red marks leftover from my past bad breakouts. Thanks to Dial Antibacterial Body Wash, I no longer get the big pimples on my back that I used to get all the time. If you were considering buying this before or consider it now, I urge you to just give it a try. Hopefully it'll work as well for you as it worked wonders on me.

Guest Amy Lee

Good news your back is clearing up. eusa_dance.gif

Do you have acne on your face too? If yes, have you tried using that Dial body wash on it?

Good news your back is clearing up. eusa_dance.gif

Do you have acne on your face too? If yes, have you tried using that Dial body wash on it?

Guest Amy Lee
Would you like hot oil poured on your face with your fries sir?

Which Dial wash do you use? There's a couple types. I see they offer a regular one, and washes that contain aloe, exfolients, vitamins or oatmeal.

I used to swear by this stuff. I still use it for everything but my forehead and cheeks. I used Dove for awhile instead, but it just didn't seem to work as well.

I used to use way too much of it a couple of years ago and would dry the hell out of my skin, but it did cut down on the acne.

j

somebody asked this before but can u use it on your face? i use it and its really cleared up my back and chest but im wondering if itll work on the face...

O.K.

Why would you be afraid to try it on your face if it works well on the body? Just be aware. Try it once (use a little) and see what happens. I am sure you will notice right away if you like it or not. This is common sense to use with all products as everyone has different reactions.

By the way, if you don't like the Dal wash on the face, Cearasil makes a Daily Face Wash. Clears away dirt, oil AND Bacteria without overdrying. Has the triclosan, which kills the bacteria same stuff that the Dial wash has.

well it has been a while since someone replied to this thread, but I want to bump it as I too am very interested to know what type of Dial I should get...

I think I should try this too. How long should you wait before trying something else? 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8, 12?

Wow, I have just used this stuff twice and already my back and chest look clearer. This stuff really gets all the dirt off your body, unlike a lot of "medicated" body washes I have used. The ones with the grainy stuff really irritated my chest, but if you have tried everything else try Dial Antibacterial! Unless this is just a fluke it is already helping me. I got the tropical paradise scent. Just make sure to get the one that says ANTIBACTERIAL, they have two others (an exfoliating one and a moisturizng one) that I don't think are antibacterial.

Wow, I have just used this stuff twice and already my back and chest look clearer. This stuff really gets all the dirt off your body, unlike a lot of "medicated" body washes I have used. The ones with the grainy stuff really irritated my chest, but if you have tried everything else try Dial Antibacterial! Unless this is just a fluke it is already helping me. I got the tropical paradise scent. Just make sure to get the one that says ANTIBACTERIAL, they have two others (an exfoliating one and a moisturizng one) that I don't think are antibacterial.

I'm trying this out. I have the Dial Antibacterial + Moisture in the Spring Water.

I hope it works... my bacne has gotten kind of bad (not severe...), I can't wear any backless or back-bearing or chest-bearing tops... not that I flaunt my cleavage or anything!! rolleyes.gif

yah i agree my aunt had really bad bacne but she went to the dermatologist and said she should use dial soap for her back. now i never really actually looked at my aunt's back personally so i'm just telling you a similar event to this. however my mom told me it worked good for her bacne.

I'm trying this out.  I have the Dial Antibacterial + Moisture in the Spring Water.

I hope it works... my bacne has gotten kind of bad (not severe...), I can't wear any backless or back-bearing or chest-bearing tops... not that I flaunt my cleavage or anything!!  rolleyes.gif

Ok so I tried the Dial for a few days and I got a rash sad.gif But I have very sensetive skin so I'm just weird like that. Oh well, back to the Neutrogena Body Wash....