Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red_Butterfly

An acne sufferer's thoughts....

The house was silent, except for the far away sounds of machinery, a lawn-mower maybe, but the sound was muted by the closed windows, a somewhat pleasant, almost a lulling sound. I curled into a tight ball and covered myself with a blanket. The book I was reading fell away from my hand.

I stared into the white walls. Funny. I always hated white paint on walls...it reminded me of places like the hospital or the schoolroom or a cold, lifeless hotel. But there was a strange sense of peace as I observed the white room - bare, gentle, uncomplicated.

If felt like one of those summer afternoons...where every movement is lazy and the air is so still, you can feel every drifting leaves and hear your own heartbeat. There's a strange kind of silence. A listening silence.

Hour after hour rolled by and yet I was unaware of it...it seemed like one minute stretched into another and I couldn't tell the difference until the blanket of darkness covered the sky outside. I peered at the window, confused. Disoriented.

I might have slept for an hour. Or two. I knew I had to get up and face the world again.

But it was hard to leave this place, this small cocoon where all thoughts jumped randomly from one insignificant thing to another, from past to future - leaving out present worries.

Guest Amy Lee
I might have slept for an hour. Or two. I knew I had to get up and face the world again.

But it was hard to leave this place, this small cocoon where all thoughts jumped randomly from one insignificant thing to another, from past to future - leaving out present worries.

Guest Amy Lee
^it's like this place where you can escape for a while...your own little world.

wah, you should consider being a writer. I can REALLY relate to that laying in bed part(if that's what you were doing). I love just laying in bed when I wake up slowly. So comfortable, especially if you know its a nice day outside. I would lay there for ever if it werent for going school and having to go pee

^oh yeah...i just like the peace it brings me when I am totally still, and just listening and observing sounds and movements not made by my own body. a milder form of meditation. at the same time there's panic, and guilt, because I know I should be doing something more productive. i've neglected so many things in my life that it's hard to start cleaning the mess up.

i've been in a deeper trance when I've successfully induced my body to a hypnotic state...but i don't like doing self-hypnosis when i'm alone at the house...i'm kinda superstitious...i keep thinking that if i go deeper i might never come back, or i might encounter something that is not human...yikes! ninja.gif

thanks vertigo...i've wanted to become a writer since I was 10 years old.

Guest Amy Lee

Wake up, another day goes by

To acne he still can't wave goodbye

Breakfast, shower, combs in front of the mirror

It's daily humor, with a twist of horror!

10 years already and still counting

Clear skin tomorrow, he is doubting

"Tell me skin, what should I be doing?"

Zits just laugh out loud, "We are ruining!"

Down and low, life continues

Unsightly marks, he looks like bruised

For this guy, acne's getting used to

If there's still hope, the chances are... few

Guest Amy Lee

A poem I made myself. They say poetry brings out the author's natural feeelings...

^that's a very good one, bunso. i'm not so good with poems...

it sucks, eh? i've been feeling desperate for months now...hoping for the cure...i shall have to teach myself to be more patient.

^that's a very good one, bunso. i'm not so good with poems...

it sucks, eh? i've been feeling desperate for months now...hoping for the cure...i shall have to teach myself to be more patient.