Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antony

Any Ideas For An Oily Nose?

Even though I've cleared up pretty well lately and, in fact, am almost entirely clear, my face and especially my nose continues to be quite oily. As the day goes by, in fact, it gets VERY oily.

Any tips?

And I know it says "Oily NOISE" but I don't know how to edit a thread title!

I got a really oily nose too. Mostly I just wipe the shit off with tp. but that can get irratating. I noticed moisturizer really makes it worse, but when I come out of the shower my skin feels so stretched i gotta use the stuff.

Do you have blacheads on your nose?

I got a really oily nose too.  Mostly I just wipe the shit off with tp.  but that can get irratating.  I noticed moisturizer really makes it worse, but when I come out of the shower my skin feels so stretched i gotta use the stuff. 

Do you have blacheads on your nose?

i have a really oily nose too (like enough oil to extract and cook with) usually for the nose i use anti regreasing moisturier

it dosnt solve the problem totally but u can sse the difference quite clearly when u dont use it and when u do use it. usually my nose gets oily like 3-4 hours after i wash my face but when i do use it it keeps me dry for another 2 hours i know it dosnt sound like much but to me its alot.

Using a clay mask and leaving it on for a few hours really does the trick for me....you can actually feel it tightening and pulling the oil out of your skin.

When I use this mask my skin is not oily for at least 2 days after..works great on the nose... eusa_liar.gifbiggrin.gif

I recommend "Mudd" brand mask , it is natural clay...I wouldnt be without it biggrin.gif

i have oiliness, too. i don't find that any products really help (e.g., mattifying lotions) and I dont supposed you'd want to wear make-up (powder, etc).

i usually just dab discreetly with a napkin (it just looks like you're blowing your nose!) oil blotters are fantastic, just don't pull them out in a restaurant or anything.

Thanks for all these great tips guys keep em coming.

Will look into that mudd brand of mask.

Anyone advise kaolin clay mask, esp. for oily nose?

I have a good mask I think I'm going to do tonight.

Should I do it before or after my egg white mask, or in lieu of?

I don't find oil blotter sheets practical, as a guy it's just too unmanly. Or maybe I'm too insecure. But honestly, for me to carry around these little purple paper sheets to rub on my nose.... redface.gif

NOTHING helps mine. I have hige black head pores, they even have shit coming out of it al the time, pores can't shrink much, stuff like masks won't help.

pores have no muscle, if they are stretched or enlarged they are likely to stay that way. Pores naturally grow large as we get older, as the grease tends to build up and enlarge them.

My nose greases up in ten minutes, I kid you not.

sorry, nothing helps, though everyone seems to think primrose oil tabs seem to help mild cases?

byz

oh that reminds me, you can get some grease cream which works well for about an hour but then it is useless.

might be worth a try as they genuinely help the appearence for mild cases

Polkadots, you make a good point about pores. I think like all of us with oily noses I also have large visible pores all over my nose and it really disgusts me, in addition to the oiliness. The thing is that despite all the beauty school and marketing lingo of pore refining, pore size is actually genetic and completely unchangeable. (Also pores never actually open or close like they say, as if they were doors-- they constrict or relax, narrow or widen, more like a vagina-- but in this case giving birth to the hideous bastard of sebum).

That being said, I have heard many people claim that b5, besides clearing them, also had the pleasant side-effect of reducing pore size. Any truth to that?

BTW, I'm sorry I accidentally put this in the wrong forum, but I don't know how to move it.

hmmm im surprised no one suggested clean n clear oil botting sheets....

When my nose gets a little oily, i just use a blue sheet which *magically turns clear once saturated with oil.

Leaves no powder behind, just a refreshed nose

available at most drug stores for about $5 eusa_dance.gif

(Also pores never actually open or close like they say, as if they were doors-- they constrict or relax, narrow or widen, more like a vagina-- but in this case giving birth to the hideous bastard of sebum).