Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hustler1

Next best thing to accutance...

^Topic.

After my first course with accutane, my acne has SEVERELY come back. Yes, cystic acne. So i went to talk with my derm for a second term, but he said that it wasnt "bad enough." He said that MY CYSTIC acne wasnt bad enough to lemme get another trial. cry.gif

Its been 2 years since my last course. First signs of my acne coming back, i did every other thing i could to prevent it from getting worse. Failed. Now i just wanna know, is their anything else out their next to accutane.

I cant take it anymore. Not another year. eusa_liar.gifsad.gif

please, help me. thx

Hi Hustler,

First off let me say I sympathize with you. I did a round of accutane too, about 6 years ago, and it cleared my skin for 4 wonderful years, then slowly, it all started coming back. I feel your pain, I've been there.

Now, there are many other prescription medications your dermatologist could prescribe for you, in different combinations, that may work just fine. Did you discuss other treatment options with your derm?

I opted to try Dan's clear skin regimen when I found it here, and it has cleared me up, I mean totally clear. I am on my 6th week of the regimen, and the simplicity of it, and effectiveness has really amazed me personally. I always thought it would take the big time meds to keep this problem under control, but so far, I am having good success with the regimen.

I have done a bit of reading lately, and benzoyl peroxide is the most effective acne medication you can use that is over-the-counter. So, short of getting some prescriptions, bp has a good chance of helping you.

Consider giving the regimen a shot and see how it goes. Follow it precisely.

The only other thing I can recommend is maybe for you to look into the Skintactix line of products, I do not have any personal experience with it whatsoever, but they do have a program for cystic acne, and milder forms as well. I don't know how effective it is, but the website was interesting.

Also remember, you can always find a new derm, another one might be more inclined to put you back on accutane, if that is what you really want to do.

Good luck to you, and if you decide to give the regimen a try, post back and let us know how it is going.

Hi Hustler,

First off let me say I sympathize with you. I did a round of accutane too, about 6 years ago, and it cleared my skin for 4 wonderful years, then slowly, it all started coming back. I feel your pain, I've been there.

Now, there are many other prescription medications your dermatologist could prescribe for you, in different combinations, that may work just fine. Did you discuss other treatment options with your derm?

I opted to try Dan's clear skin regimen when I found it here, and it has cleared me up, I mean totally clear. I am on my 6th week of the regimen, and the simplicity of it, and effectiveness has really amazed me personally. I always thought it would take the big time meds to keep this problem under control, but so far, I am having good success with the regimen.

I have done a bit of reading lately, and benzoyl peroxide is the most effective acne medication you can use that is over-the-counter. So, short of getting some prescriptions, bp has a good chance of helping you.

Consider giving the regimen a shot and see how it goes. Follow it precisely.

The only other thing I can recommend is maybe for you to look into the Skintactix line of products, I do not have any personal experience with it whatsoever, but they do have a program for cystic acne, and milder forms as well. I don't know how effective it is, but the website was interesting.

Also remember, you can always find a new derm, another one might be more inclined to put you back on accutane, if that is what you really want to do.

Good luck to you, and if you decide to give the regimen a try, post back and let us know how it is going.

^Topic.

After my first course with accutane, my acne has SEVERELY come back.  Yes, cystic acne.  So i went to talk with my derm for a second term, but he said that it wasnt "bad enough."  He said that MY CYSTIC acne wasnt bad enough to lemme get another trial.  cry.gif

Its been 2 years since my last course.  First signs of my acne coming back, i did every other thing i could to prevent it from getting worse.  Failed.  Now i just wanna know, is their anything else out their next to accutane. 

I cant take it anymore. Not another year.  eusa_liar.gif  sad.gif

please, help me. thx