Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wanted to share what helped my mild/moderate acne, red marks left after acne and the dreaded clogged pores that are always threatening to erupt into acne if I'm not careful.

I did not want to post earlier as I wanted to test the products for at least 3 months in case there is the placebo effect but I can safely say after all these months it has worked really effectively for me. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

To clear the red marks left from acne:

* Egg white & lemon mask (for 15 mins) every day

To clear the clogged pores:

* MD Forte Glycolic II Cleanser (10% Glycolic)

* Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion twice a day

That's all. I dont use moisturiser on top of the lotion but only sunscreen when I go out. I don't even need make-up now that I am clear again.

No more sickening skin colored bumps all over my face, my red marks are gone and my acne has been under control for the past months. No more breakouts like before and my skin is really soft to the touch now. I don't even use BP as it was bad for my red marks even if it helped control the acne.

If you don't want to try the mask or the cleanser please just try the PC 2% BHA lotion. It is my Holy Grail right now and it has made a big difference in my life. I think the trick to proper use of BHA is at the right PH level for it to be effective and also as something that remains on your face as opposed to being cleansed off. Consistent use is also important to see results.

PS: I picked up a tip about minimising the chances of scarring if a pimple burst. You need to press a fresh lemon slice against the erupted pimple and it would heal better.

wow thanks!!! for sharing this ! where can i buy the paula's choice. i have neutrogena clear pore gel - is that going to work or does it have to b the paula's choice ??? did these turn into pimples before going away or did it fight them under the skin so to speak ? thanks for helping us out ! biggrin.gif im so glad u hvae cleared those bumps ( i hate those )

wow thanks!!! for sharing this ! where can i buy the paula's choice. i have neutrogena clear pore gel - is that going to work or does it have to b the paula's choice ??? did these turn into pimples before going away or did it fight them under the skin so to speak ? thanks for helping us out !  biggrin.gif  im so glad u hvae cleared those bumps ( i hate those )

Elixir, thanks for this post. I also use the 2% BHA with good results, but need more for my uneven pigmentation. Could you describe how you make the egg white and lemon mask? Thanks!

Elixir, thanks for this post.  I also use the 2% BHA with good results, but need more for my uneven pigmentation.  Could you describe how you make the egg white and lemon mask?  Thanks!

Hi elixir, good grad on clear skin and thanks for sharing your regiment. I was wondering how long have u had your red marks before it went away. I've had my red marks for over a year and a half now and they are very stubborn to get rid off. I will try and egg white and lemon mask, how long till u see results?? Thanks. also it would be great if u can post a picture of your skin.

Hi elixir, good grad on clear skin and thanks for sharing your regiment.  I was wondering how long have u had your red marks before it went away. I've had my red marks for over a year and a half now and they are very stubborn to get rid off. I will try and egg white and lemon mask, how long till u see results?? Thanks. also it would be great if u can post a picture of your skin.

Do you notice a difference using only a 2% BHA ?

i had read that the BHA product is better for active acne but not good for acne scars,

Did you ever try an AHA product ?

I've used both mandelic acid 10% serum and glycolic acid 10% lotion which are both AHA in the past but my results were temporary and I still had breakouts after awhile. I have also used other brands of 2% salicylic acid in the form of cleanser and toner and that didn't work either.

The PC BHA 2% lotion is definitely more for active acne than red marks. But it does exfoliate the surface of the skin as well as the pores. I saw a difference in clogged pores in my third week of daily use (2x a day). I believe its the PH level of this product that made a difference.

I think my skin is pleased with me now that I don't put a ton of products on it.

so now all you use is the BHA

oil of olay has a beta hydroxy complex moisterizer with salicylic acid, i was going to use that and see if the BHA is better for my skin