Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest lawnboy

Alone time

Guest lawnboy

Just wondering what other people do when they need some alone time, to get away from everyone else and forget about your problems etc. As for me I usually put on some music (Phish or Widespread Panic) and get lost in a good book (Philip Pullman and Bill Bryson are always good). I can always just lose myself in the music and forget about everything else in my life. Occasionally I might listen to the radio, sometimes public radio. Anyone ever listen to This American Life or The Next Big Thing? I find that just a little alone time can make any difficult situation feel at least a little better.

My alone time starts as soon as i get up, i too listen to music and browse the web and check out a few sites/forums that makes me forget my problems, and i start to think about them again when i go to bed

When I need alone time? I think I need less of it actually. I like many others have let acne kick my ass and lock me away where nobody can see me. But usually to pass the time I like to read books, watch movies, lift weights, run on the treadmill or ride my bike. Music and video games help pass the time as well.

Guest Shjaker

Hmm. Well I'm a natural homebody. I thoroughly enjoy staying home and just hanging around my own yard [there are a lot of things to do]. It all works out anyway because I wouldn't want to go anywhere much with acne.

But when I do decide to head out I'm really outgoing and go crazy. I'm a natural both.

My mom thinks I'm a total weirdo with issues but ya know what they say, you are your own best friend.

Guest Avian

I write/play/listen to music, browse this forum, or sometimes I play a computer game, although these tend to depress me a bit.

My parents also think I'm a weirdo, and it's really pissing me off. I might vent about it sometime, it can be my first 'argh' topic.

Well I took a year off after graduating in June and college is in August... Plan was to work, but right now I'm getting screwed by my workplace, so I'm getting like 11 hours. Add in no car, small town, and almost all friends gone working or in uni, and it's really boring. And alone. So yeah. I've spent like the past 6 months alone, with maybe one hang out per month.

For alone time, I usually listen to music like a lot of you do too, but when I want to really get away from my troubles I do raqs sharqi dancing. It is a very fun form of dancing to do, and I especially love it when my friends and family join in. smile.gif

i go into the basement, crank up the music and pound the heavy bag for an hour or 2.

go online/watch tv and eat ice cream.

Mine's the opposite. I think it is weird and my mom thinks otherwise. She flares up when I tell her I'm going out which happens almost never.