Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.lasermedics.net/handlaser/

Of course it sounds too good to be true, obviously it doesn't compare to professional grade but maybe it would help on shallow scars or hyperpigmentation? I really don't want to shell out close to $200 for something else that doesn't work. if anyone has any experience with a home laser (I know Beurer has one too) please share, thanks!!

I tried to get to the site and it wasn't available which in my opinion doesn't seem to be a good indication of reliability.

I have the Beurer Softlaser. It is a bit frustrating to use....you need to hold it over each treatment area (i.e. each scar, each blemish, etc.) for at least 3 to 6 minutes 2 to 3 times a day.

For those like me who have more than one scar/blemish, using the Softlaser over one square inch of skin at a time will take up most of my day!!! In fact, I bought 2 of the Soflasers (to use one in each hand) in hopes of speeding up the treatment process, but I finally gave up so I don't know if it would have worked.

The theory is that the laser will stimulate the cells in the skin to produce collagen and to heal itself (including scar tissue). Also they claim the laser light has an antibacterial effect so it can treat breakouts. They also say it takes time to see results, especially on the scars.

I have the Beurer Softlaser.  It is a bit frustrating to use....you need to hold it over each treatment area (i.e. each scar, each blemish, etc.) for at least 3 to 6 minutes 2 to 3 times a day. 

For those like me who have more than one scar/blemish, using the Softlaser over one square inch of skin at a time will take up most of my day!!!  In fact, I bought 2 of the Soflasers (to use one in each hand) in hopes of speeding up the treatment process, but I finally gave up so I don't know if it would have worked.

The theory is that the laser will stimulate the cells in the skin to produce collagen and to heal itself (including scar tissue).  Also they claim the laser light has an antibacterial effect so it can treat breakouts.  They also say it takes time to see results, especially on the scars.

They were showing the Beurer laser on the shopping channel, and it's $150, with a one year guarantee.

For long term softlaser users, such as the Beurer, was it worth the cost, daily investment and fussing with it? Does it work on old acne scars, and if so, which kind of scars?

I have the Beurer laser and i like it. i just do it moring and nite for 6 minutes on each side of my face and forehead. i use zig zag movements for my scars. easy as pie. the results take time but dont expect you scar to go away, just soften.

i got the beurer soft laser as well

didn't do anything for my acne but woked great on stretch marks

i also have the thera skin blue light which is suppose to be the same as the clearlight treatments you get from the derms