Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As some of you probably know, I'm a fan of Olay for facial moisturizers, and have religiously been using Total Effects for over a couple years now. Well it was still working great, but costing me a fortune. The container is small (wish I still had an empty one to check the ml!), and it was rarely on sale for less than $21. Usually $26.99, and I was having to buy a new one every couple weeks... ouch.

So, I took a huge risk and went shopping for a new moisturizer. I knew I'd stick with Olay since it's a brand I trust for skin products. After a long scrutinizing period in Shoppers, I settled on Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion. It's non-comedogenic, completely fragrance and colour free, and supposedly with continued use makes your skin "less sensitive". It still contains Niacinamide (vitamin B3), Olay's signature ingredient for young, healthy skin. The bottle is 177ml, which is lasting me MUCH longer than TE. I thought it sounded like a good bet, so I went ahead and bought it for around $10, less I think.

Well it's been 3 weeks now, so safe to write my little update. I LOVE this stuff! It's a little more "lotion" than the Total Effects, so I find it takes a minute or so longer to fully absorb, and it does need a bit more blending in... but the moisture it provides is great, and doesn't leave my face red like 9/10 moisturizers seem to. Good under makeup! It's been perfect for my sensitive skin so far. No new breakouts... just smooth and soft skin!

So if you've been using TE, or been avoiding it cuz it's so expensive, I give this Moisture Therapy Lotion a thumbs up. The only downfall is that it doesn't have an SPF, so in the summer I'll probably switch to their Complete SPF 15 for Sensitive Skin.

Sorry this was kind of long, just thought I'd pass on the good find. I'm a happy girl!

Mae

Thanks Mae!

I have been switching between the Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer and the regular Olay beauty Fluid stuff, just the plain old Olay that my mom use to use when I was a kid, and the stuff is great! Honestly I was in Walmart the other day and noticed that they made a brand of it too it was under $2. so I got some, well it is the same stuff and works just as great, for under $2!!! I still use the Cetaphil during the day cuz of the SPF. The old fashioned Olay Beauty Fluid stuff absorbs really quick. I have spent so much money on my acne and things to make it look better and go away that I am so glad that I have finally found something inexpensive that I can use.

Hey Cassadie, thanks for the reply! I've used the classic Olay before too, and also like it! I've had really good success with the Olay brand. I always find it makes my skin look and feel healthier. Glad you like it too!

Hope everything else is going well with you!

Mae