Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fukcacne

smoking and acne?

Does smoking cigarettes have an effect on your face?

Does being in smokey places?

Not that I smoke pot, but has anyone ever heard of any relation between smoking pot and acne?

Does smoking cigarettes have an effect on your face?

Does being in smokey places?

Not that I smoke pot, but has anyone ever heard of any relation between smoking pot and acne?

Cool, thanks. I don't really notice any visible difference if I cut down, but my skin definitely feels better if I cut back. Havn't noticed anything with pot, but would be willing to cut back if it would make a big difference.

In short: no.

i been smoking since i was 15 and had periods lasting up to 10 months where i didnt smoke a single cig and my skin was worse than ever.

Guest Anubis

I've heard smoking ages your skin faster.

Guest Amy Lee

No. I've been smoking these past few days and I don't think it causes me to breakout.

I only get a little dizzy and that's just about it.

If i've been smoking for a few days quite heavily I can gaurantee acne will form around my mouth, puts me off now which is a good thing smile.gif

I've just recently quit smoking and have not noticed a change in my acne. I've have only heard that smoking increases wrinkles, espcially around the lips and in general can make your skin lose its resiliancy over time.

Guest Amy Lee

Almost all of the movies I've watched have actors smoking. And they are clear nonetheless. It could be the makeup that hides. But still I don't know for sure if smoking causes acne, smoke is just gas, and my uncle who's a heavy smoker is very clear, no acne at all.

some is full of toxins, it gets in your pores. being in smokey places and smoking has exactly the same effect on your skin. the smoke still gets in your pores. i don't think its anything to do with the actualy inhaling of the smoke, its the stuff that sits in your pores which is bad. and saying adults thjat smoke don't have acne isn't really evidence, considering that some people just aren't prone to it at all.

its like saying that if my mate who has clear skin chucks a bucket of grease on his face and doesn't break out, the same will happen to me. i know for sure if i did that i would have acne for ages to come and it would make my skin even worse.