Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondie

Cortisone? Anyone???

Hi everybody!

I'm 26 years old and have dealt with acne for years. I have tried and heard it all. I recently went to a cosmetic doctor who wanted to shoot cortisone into my acne cysts. He claimed that it would cure up the cyst and that a cyst would never return in the same place again. He said that after a series of visits, I should basically not have any more acne cysts return. Has anyone ever heard of this? I let him try a few spots, but I am wondering whether I should even go back. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated....

Thanks...

I don't know if you live in the Uk, but having just bought the UK version of Cosmopolitan Magazine....it has an article on acne....it says that Britney Spears has cortisone shots into spots as soon as they appear..

So, if it's good enough for Britney...

P.S, if it works, let me know!

Well if it's good enough for Britney, than yea, I think it would be good enough for me. The spots where the doctor injected the cortisone have gone down in less than 24 hrs, however he was telling me that once you inject a certain cyst in a certain area, that you will NEVER have another cyst reappear in that area. That's the part of it that just sounds too good to be true. I have more cysts that have appeared since I have had the last injections (not in the same places), but like I said the ones he had injected have gone down. I guess I am just wondering if it is really as permanent a fix as he says, or just a temporary thing. Or why hadn't we all been doing it all along? But I guess from the results I have gotten so far, it would seem to be the thing to do if you had a cystic breakout before a big event (prom, wedding, etc.). I will keep everyone updated on the progress...I will also be trying ortho tri cyclen to keep my hormones down. By the way, fyi- the shots run around $50 for me...

Ok..don't want to scare anyone...but cortisone injections come with mixed reviews. For most they are effective...but some people find that the cortisone leaves a scar. I have been debating whether to have one myself in a teensy lump that has been around for an age.