Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cubscubs04

TCA Cross - Do myself or go to derm?

I had my first CROSS done in february. I was pretty satisfied with the results, and am going to do it again. I actually have an appointment scheduled tomorrow. but, seeing that i'm a college student and can't take a week off, don't want to drive 2.5 hours to get it done, and don't want to go day to day with all the scabs, i was wondering...

should i just do the cross myself, and do 1 to 2 scars at a time for the rest of the school year? that way i can go through the week and go to class/gym/out without being too self conscious. i am confident that i can do the cross myself after seeing it done and already have 100% TCA.

or should i just suck it up and go to my derm's and get it done?

what do you guys think? any input would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

I am wondering the same myself. I have a few scars on my cheeks and don't really want to do a whole face which my derm does. He never mentioned TCA Cross. I found out about it on here.

Where would I buy TCA cross? And how much TCA should there be? I'm lost.

I am wondering the same myself. I have a few scars on my cheeks and don't really want to do a whole face which my derm does. He never mentioned TCA Cross. I found out about it on here.

Where would I buy TCA cross? And how much TCA should there be? I'm lost.

I had my first CROSS done in february.  I was pretty satisfied with the results, and am going to do it again.  I actually have an appointment scheduled tomorrow.  but, seeing that i'm a college student and can't take a week off, don't want to drive 2.5 hours to get it done, and don't want to go day to day with all the scabs, i was wondering...

should i just do the cross myself, and do 1 to 2 scars at a time for the rest of the school year?  that way i can go through the week and go to class/gym/out without being too self conscious.  i am confident that i can do the cross myself after seeing it done and already have 100% TCA.

what do you guys think?  any input would be greatly appreciated.  smile.gif

If you were happy with the result of having it done then I'd continue getting it done. I think that TCA CROSS is technique dependent and therefore if you do it yourself you could botch it. Just my thoughts -- it's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Hey cubs

I think you should start with 50% or 65% TCA because that is definetley not as dangerous as 100% that stuff can add new scars.

I think the scabs are less noticeable with 50%. U might have to do more treatmets to level the scar but I guess its worth it cool.gif

I had my first CROSS done in february.  I was pretty satisfied with the results, and am going to do it again.  I actually have an appointment scheduled tomorrow.  but, seeing that i'm a college student and can't take a week off, don't want to drive 2.5 hours to get it done, and don't want to go day to day with all the scabs, i was wondering...

should i just do the cross myself, and do 1 to 2 scars at a time for the rest of the school year?  that way i can go through the week and go to class/gym/out without being too self conscious.  i am confident that i can do the cross myself after seeing it done and already have 100% TCA.

what do you guys think?  any input would be greatly appreciated.  smile.gif

Hey cubs

I think you should start with 50% or 65% TCA because that is definetley not as dangerous as 100% that stuff can add new scars.

I think the scabs are less noticeable with 50%. U might have to do more treatmets to level the scar but I guess its worth it  cool.gif

Thanks Tamara!  Good advice, i"m going to get it done again Thursday.  I just need to suck it up and accept the downtime because to reap the benefits.

-nice work on the forum btw