Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
16yr old

A fellow classmate with a pimple

Ok so i have this semi friend and today he got a pimple on his chin during math class every one kept making comments about it no need to feel bad about this guy cuz he has a clear face 1st pimple i have ever seen him with. Any who all during math class every one kept talking about pimples and telling him to use tooth paste, to pop it, ect... I felt reallly crappy i didnt want to be in that class when they were talking about it. Then i heard people talking about me saying how i have alot of pimples and marks. I felt so bad my ears turned red i wished i had the power to give them all pimples to make them know how it feels. Man having acne really sux.

Well at least as a teenager you're kind of expected to have acne.

86% of 14-19 year-olds have acne to some degree or other.

I'm 21 and I still have acne.

Some people here have it in their 30s and 40s.

it sux cuz in all my classes me and my other friend are the only ones with acne every one else is clear skinned.. And im not kiddin

It's interesting that no one ever said anything about it to me in high school. Then again, the people in my classes at the time were some of the best people I've met.

your lucky more than half the people in all my classes are the ones that want to be popular,cool, #1, PERFect

they are not nice they criticize on the ones that are differnt ive been called a over achiever once for starting on my homework during class.

Then you should join the overachiever class. People there are generally more mature.

Unless they're me. But I wouldn't make fun of anybody. I just like acting out different things.

Well that's high school for you. Everyone is so insecure that they'll form groups to pick on each other if it helps them avoid being found out and picked on themselves.

You can bet that when those kids make fun of your acne they're secretly worrying that no one ever finds out about or makes fun of their alcoholic mother, their philandering father, their repressed homosexuality, their eating disorder, their compulsive masturbation, their bad grades, their underdeveloped penis, or their profound existential angst.

People who try to make others feel insecure tend to be the most insecure people themselves.

Just know that they have their own version of acne in their life over which they wear a mask.

If that isn't consolation enough, bear in mind that the odds are overwhelming that if they don't have acne now most of them will almost certainly have acne at some point in the next few years. And many of the girls with perfect skin in high school will have adult onset acne.

I don't buy this whole concept of insecurity leading people to make fun of others. If they were truly insecure, they would not feel they have the right to judge others negatively. I certainly don't have the right to judge people. Maybe it's a different type of insecure.

It wont stop when you leave school either, unfortunately. I'm next to an office full of women and whenever one of them gets a spot, they hold crisis meetings. They give each other really crap advice like "you need to rub savlon into it" or "hold a hot towel to it for 10 minutes" and laughably even if its a spot which doesnt have a head they say "you should just pop it"

That really sucks about being in the class. I'm in college and in spanish class we were learning how to say wash your face and put on makeup and I felt embarrassed then. I had nearly perfect skin in high school and I would freak out once a month from that zit on my chin I always got. (girls u know what I mean). I never knew it would make other people feel awkward. One of my best friends had acne and i never mentioned it cause after a while i just forgot she had acne. I think people just don't understand if they haven't gone through it. Especially high schoolers cause they are in their own world that revolves around them. At work we had this blind woman come in and talk to us. She was so smart and funny, some of the things that she said she could do (like installing a lock) just surprised me. Not exactly the same, but I think people just don't no any better sometimes.

Ok so i have this semi friend and today he got a pimple on his chin during math class every one kept making comments about it no need to feel bad about this guy cuz he has a clear face 1st pimple i have ever seen him with.  Any who all during math class every one kept talking about pimples and telling him to use tooth paste, to pop it, ect... I felt reallly crappy i didnt want to be in that class when they were talking about it.  Then i heard people talking about me saying how i have alot of pimples and marks.  I felt so bad my ears turned red i wished i had the power to give them all pimples to make them know how it feels. Man having acne really sux.