Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tell me why it's a scam and it does nothing for acne? bob barefoot claims it does and theres alot of scientific data to back this up. well actually alot just on calcium itself coral or not.

tell me why it's a scam and it does nothing for acne? bob barefoot claims it does and theres alot of scientific data to back this up. well actually alot just on calcium itself coral or not.

And who is Bob Barefoot!? I'll tell you who. He is a hack looking to make a buck off of the public. Show me the "scientific data." You sound as gullible as the next infomercial zombie. Oh yeah, the host that assclown Kevin Trudeau lends ultimate credibility to the cause. Maybe he can send you some of his old Megamemory kits as well. :-:):)

about six months ago we started selling coral calcium at work(GNC). we had tons and tons of people coming in asking for it. they had seen the infomerical. i hadn't seen it so i figured that it must be kinda good if all these people are asking for it. i made my claim to saftey like i do with all our products....the coral comes from japan and the oceans aren't in the greatest of shape right now. the way the tides go all the polution from the west coast moves towards japan. not saying that all the waste ends up there. but there is a significant about of waste on the west coast. not to mention japan itself has some surely. so those reefs can't be in the best condition. also if you buy a cheap knockoff brand there could be tons of extra lead in the pills. like in oyster shell calcium. some put the bottles back down others bought it. lots of people swore by the stuff. i actually had an elderly lady call and ask me if i'd heard anything about the coral. i said some, not much. she then told me that in her case using if for six months helped her walk. she said she was in lots of pain and that the coral made most of the pain go away. i was so happy for her. it's wonderful to see people get what they want from a supplement...considering so many aren't worth a damn. i assumed that it was a good product. so when people asked about it i told them of this lady. soon we got books in on it. books put out by the manufacturer....uhhhh...natures best or something. anyhoot i read the sucess stories of people who had used...soon i saw the infomerical. HOW DARE BOB BAREFOOT!!!!! feeding people so full of hope that they will spend a outrageous amount of money for the coral...yes the coral. that's what helps with the pain....that's what make you sleep better....that's what makes you lose weight....that's what makes your grow hair back...that's what gives you energy...that's what CURES CANCER!! he's telling people that it will cure cancer. i had people come in and get coral cal because kemo didn't work for them....the tumors were still there. i didn't have the heart to tell these people there is no use. don't waste your money. how could i tell people that. they believed in this product. what is it then in coral calcium that is so effective?? the calcium the magniesum...the few vitamins....and the trace minerals. so yeah it probably does help with ance. but my advice for you if you want to go this route it to get a GOOD multi...i mean a good one. not one you get from wal-mart. not centrum...not one a day....not equate. get a good multi with a wide varitey of ingredients and a pretty high dosage. you want at least a two a day. the best thing you can get is a luquid. the pills don't seem to breakdown as easily. try to find one with trace minerals. then you have your barefoot stuff cheaper and more effective. and that is why coral calcium is a scam. don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

no the hacks are the pharmeceutical companies shoving their propaganda down our throats in every magazine and tv commercial. where there is a pill for every symptom that might make you the least bit uncomfortable. and never mind the side effects of these chemical substances. i don't think anyone would come out with a product and have such high claim if it just flat out did not work. there is medical data if you bother to investigate it and no it's not just the coral it's the calcium in the coral. there are different kinds of calcium. and these coral grow from the healthy substances in the sea and polluted water are not in the pills for gods sake.

i asked for someone to explain to me why this is a scam. i never said i believed in it or that i use it. and i get some smart ass comment about being a gullible infomercial junkie which i'm not. i've seen the program once and i don't know anything about the host you mentioned. funny that you should though. you sound like a cynic and if that's the case that's fine with me. pioneers deserve to give their beliefs a go. otherwise mankind would never progress. luckily someone believed in things like creating a flying machine or other quackery items like telephones or phonographs. how dare they think outside the box.

So, let me get this straight. You're putting ol' Bob Barefoot right up there with pioneers such as the Wright Brothers, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. Please get a grip...

These hucksters might be more believable if they did not make wide-ranging ridiculous claims and only targeted specific ailments. Instead, they claim their products to be panaceas for everything from acne to cancer. Two words for you Diana - SNAKE OIL! The only difference is that it is now being beamed all over the world direct to your living room instead of being sold off the back of a travelling salesman's wagon.

BTW, try typing "Kevin Trudeau" into a search engine and see what comes back.

calcium doesn't cure cancer. i'm not saying that calcium is a fraud. it has many many many benefits. and yes there are many forms of calcium...carbonate, citrate, citrate malate, gulcoate, and now coral. some cal works better than others. how do you know the coral isn't polluted. you have no idea. once that infomerical became popular you know how many companies started making coral calcium?? at least six off the top of my head...and each one got more and more crappy than the first. bob barefoot isn't a pioneer...he's merely a man who found a way to market a substance that every single person in western soceity needed more of. and once they started taking it they felt better. not because of the coral...it was because of the needed nutrients, and the belief that this pill will fix everything. diana, i agree with you complety about the pharmeceutical companies. i would much rather see people treat themselves with nutrition than chemicals. but there is no need to pay that much for a calcium supplement. there isn't anything special in the coral. it's not the fountian of youth as some seem to think. that's what is marketed...the coral. but it's just simply a supplement.

i wouldn't put bob up there with the man who invented the flying machine. no. he couldn't get any credit now as he is still alive.

as far as overpricing vitamin supplements ....what isn't overpriced that has a huge marketing campaign behind it. i really don't give a hoot if particularly bobs coral calcium works or not. it probably is the vitamins and minerals in general which, good for him, he put together in a good absorbable form.

i don't care enough about kevin trudeau to look him up.

When you feed people information that seems logical and can be slightly backed up your product might still even work even if it's a placebo you'll still have people claiming it healed them of random things.

When you feed people information that seems logical and can be slightly backed up your product might still even work even if it's a placebo you'll still have people claiming it healed them of random things.

Now you are on to something I find worth investigating. The placebo effect is well documented. You could give people inert pills and tell them that it was medicine targeted for a specific ailment, and a certain percentage of them would actually feel/get better. The mind/body link is something that cannot be ignored.