Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Avian

Testosterone

Guest Avian

I am confused as to the role of testosterone in acne formation. Does it cause it in the first place, does it just contribute, or something else?

Ive read alot of articles stating that "hormones" cause acne, and occasionally I'll read that testostrone causes it by increasing the size of sebum glands. This hypothesis, although gives a scape goat to what causes acne, really doesn't make any sense because Ive read other articles that say the male testostorone levels are constant until latter age. If this is the case then why do acne cases clear up in the early 20's for the majority of males? Also, females produce far less testostrone yet monthly hormone flare-ups are often correlated with acne flare-ups. I think there is a definite correlation between acne and testostrone production, but I've read other places that say although there is a correlation is doesn't mean they are directly connected. haha... so to answer your question yes... but maybe not eusa_shifty.gif . Acne can also be a result of vitamin or EFA lack.

Guest Anubis
Is there a significance to this posting of the coin?

Guest Avian

A quarter....that's about 13p. I'll update my sig biggrin.gif

Guest Anubis
A quarter....that's about 13p. I'll update my sig biggrin.gif