Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone who uses it tell me how abrasive this is exactly. There are so many rave reviews of it over the internet yet Im hesitant to try it because I have sensitive skin. I sometimes use the sensitive skin version but for some reason I think it breaks me out after. Should I try the medicated one? eusa_think.gif

I have used both, the medicated one in the UK is called 'anti blemish' I think. Its a LOT more abrasive than the sensetive. But then if you use it gently it may be ok.

It has a billion times more particles in it, its very gritty, but it does not contain anything harsh so as long as you rub gently it may be fine.

I have just started using loreal MEN EXPERT SKIN RENOVATOR Cleansing Exfoliating Skin Renewer, its really good, lots of tiny fine micro crystals and really does get rid of dead skin, but only advised to use twice a week, it can be harsh I imagine.

Taken from another site, they say....

For skin that really feels brand new, MEN EXPERT SKIN RENOVATOR Cleansing Exfoliating Skin Renewer is an exfoliating cleanser with a formula inspired by professional micro dermabrasion techniques. A high concentration of aluminium oxide micro-crystals has been incorporated within a non-foaming texture which can be massaged over skin, to promote impressive skin smoothness and a healthy looking result. Amazingly effective, SKIN RENOVATOR dislodges impurities deep down, unclogs pores, sloughs off dead skin cells and refines skin texture.

The results are great: Skin is renewed and the complexion is brightened.

I have sensitive skin and I use this 3 times a day with no problems. I don't know why. I started with using it once, then twice.. My skin feels smooth after washing I like it.

MEN EXPERT SKIN RENOVATOR Cleansing Exfoliating Skin Renewer- one of the longest product names I have ever seen lol.

I went to the site, very enticing esp with the nice packaging and everything. I would love to try it but I have not seen this around in Canada unfortunately. Maybe I just walked by it unaware that it exists. hmmm.

Lightning, it is a new range, it has JUST been released a few weeks ago.

Its better than most because it has far more micro scrubs and they are smaller too,

Guest Anubis

St Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub...I use this product a few times a week ...it is good! I've never had any trouble with it. But with any scrub...be careful not to get all crazy with it!

Is this it?

user posted image

This is not available in the US, correct?

This is what I use right now twice a week.

Lab Series For Men Active Treatment Scrub

user posted image

I like the consistency and it's fragrance free. My roommate didn't like it because the beads are too big so he gave it to me. He's right, it feels too rough but I rub it on my face ever so slightly. I only use it because it's free, but I would rather use something else. Incidentally, after a couple of weeks use, I started getting pimples here and there, don't know if it's from the scrub or from another product that I use.

i used the medicated scrun and it didn't work for me at all.I think is because of the combination of the abrasion and the medication.It irritated my skin sad.gif .when my mom saw me afterwards she was like you went from having lilttle to nothing on your face to something. lol.gif

thx for the suggestions everyone. I guess I wont try it now. I think Ill stcik wit the sensitive skin one for now until it runs out. Maybe my skin just needs to get used to it I dunno. And I went searching for the loreal men expert one and its nowhere to be found. Oh well..

thx for the suggestions everyone. I guess I wont try it now. I think Ill stcik wit the sensitive skin one for now until it runs out. Maybe my skin just needs to get used to it I dunno. And I went searching for the loreal men expert one and its nowhere to be found. Oh well..

has anyone experienced more breakouts from using the scrub more than once a week

about the st ives medicated I use it 2 times a day without breakouts, its good and makes the skin soo soft and clean! I really like it

less breakouts actually, though.....I seem to have more of those irritation bumps. Like there clogged pores or something...but you can't squeeze anything out of them.

I usually get them when I'm too rough with my skin.