Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you guys honestly seen much improvement after treatment with either ablative or non-ablative lasers

Please let me know what type of scars you had and what % improvement

thanks so much

Have any of you guys honestly seen much improvement after treatment with either ablative or non-ablative lasers

thanks so much

i had mild to moderate acne (but no scars) and nonablative laser treatments helped me. it took 6 consecutive monthly sessions at $225 a pop. i started to clear dramatically after the 2nd session or so, but i wasn't REALLY clear of inflamed pimples till month 3 or 4, and even then, i still got small break outs here and there (but no big pimples or cysts, just whiteheads and blackheads).

after 6 sessions, you are expected to be clear for about 4-6 months and then you have to do it all over again for maintenance.

those results werent satisfactory for me, not for the price.

As far as I know lasers dont seem to do that much for many people who have tried it, so stick with punch floats or TCA cross.

i had mild to moderate acne (but no scars) and nonablative laser treatments helped me.  it took 6 consecutive monthly sessions at $225 a pop.  i started to clear dramatically after the 2nd session or so, but i wasn't REALLY clear of inflamed pimples till month 3 or 4, and even then, i still got small break outs here and there (but no big pimples or cysts, just whiteheads and blackheads).

after 6 sessions, you are expected to be clear for about 4-6 months and then you have to do it all over again for maintenance.

those results werent satisfactory for me, not for the price.

Did you have a flare up after your first levulan? I am there now YUK> It is actually worse than before. I am having another in a couple weeks.

thanks so much

Yeah, lasers only work for those with mild to mild-moderate scarring. Fillers, TCA, punch-float, or dermabrasion are necessary for moderate to severe scarring.

thanks so much

Would you mind letting me know how your treatments turn out?  My son did have flare ups after round 1 and round 3 was terrible.  Round 2 - not so bad.

I would be curious to know how you turn out and good luck!  You can PM me anytime with news.

thanks so much