Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mysteryagain

TCACross & after-treatment appearance

I'd like to know something from the people who have had TCA Cross done. I'd like to know how exactly the skin looks after the procedure. Like... how do you cover up the areas treated, if possible? or is the treatment evident enough so that it can be embarassing to be in public?

I'd like to hear a day-to-day report (or sort of) of how the appearance of the scars evolve as days go by before going for the procedure (I can't afford having days off from work). And about the specific aftercare while the scabs are still forming and while they've just fallen off.

Also, if properly done, and once the scabs fall, do the scars indeed look bigger before looking smaller?

Thanks for any help!

hey

I did 50% tCA to myself 3 dayz ago and scabs have jus formed like last nite, and its not that noticeable, I would rather have this scab then a scar.

But right now everything is looking alrite, this is the first time Ive done this and I hope everything turns out alright!!!

I will do the rest of my face very soon and I will keep everyone updated.

Right after I added the TCA the scar looked deeper and it frosted, but now there is a scab.

When I added the TCA i dipped it a few times witha toothpick into the scar and then once it started frosting I stopped.

i just frosted a few scars on my right side...i can't take that much time off work right now and will do this in sections as i go along ....when i'm in public, i'll just put on one layer of the gauze they supplied me with on that area...i cut it to size and it sticks on the vasiline pretty good without falling off....if this works for my scars, i am doing a full face 50% .. i have had far worse burns and frying from the sun that gave me alot more pain..i really think my skin can handle this.

Cross is applying on the actual scar with a higher tca solution like 50-100%....a peel would be a full face treatment using a lower strength....usually well below 50%.

Cross is applying on the actual scar with a higher tca solution like 50-100%....a peel would be a full face treatment using a lower strength....usually well below 50%.

I'd like to know something from the people who have had TCA Cross done. I'd like to know how exactly the skin looks after the procedure. Like... how do you cover up the areas treated, if possible? or is the treatment evident enough so that it can be embarassing to be in public?

I'd like to hear a day-to-day report (or sort of) of how the appearance of the scars evolve as days go by before going for the procedure (I can't afford having days off from work). And about the specific aftercare while the scabs are still forming and while they've just fallen off.

Also, if properly done, and once the scabs fall, do the scars indeed look bigger before looking smaller?

Thanks for any help!

Right after the procedure it will have a frosted appearance and the surrounding areas may be red and swollen. I didn't cover up the areas because I stayed inside for a few days. I have read that you can cover up the treated areas with makeup. I have also read that in some cases the scars look bigger before looking smaller. You might want to read the main TCA CROSS thread.

In my experience, my best results from 50% TCA Cross self administered has been when I stick the pit several times with TCA. Then, the treated area will come red and stay red for couple weeks before slowing turning pink and then back to normal color. After the scabs fall off, the treated scar does look bigger - sometimes much bigger than before. It may take a month. However, it is during these instance, where I have received the most benefit - the scar raised itself or closed itself. In other instance, where I put little TCA on the pit, the treated area barely changed color. The result was very little if any visual improvement.

I will do what you said Kato, add more TCA to the scar if I dont see much improvement in the two I am testing now biggrin.gif