Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello. I am new to this chat forum. I must say that it has been very helpful. I have been reading posts for about two hours now. I have a few questions that I'm hoping y'all can help me with.

I am 25 years old and had the big cyst type acne when i was in my late teens. The acne wasn't as much of a problem as my picking at it. In highschool I would do the normal "squeezing." When I got to college I started taking adderall for ADD. This medicine made me highly obsessive. I would sit in the mirror for hours and pick at my face. It was really crazy. I kept thinking that there was more oil to dig out, and thus I scarred myself.

Now that I'm "all grown up", no longer on adderall, and use proactive, I no longer have problems with my skin except for the 13 or so scars. They are not icepick. Some are wider than others, but they are mostly boxcar or rolling scars I think?

I am frustrated daily by these scars because the rest of my skin looks really healthy. I just feel like I would be so much more confident and less self conscious if these scars were "fixed."

Is there a particular procedure or combo of procedures that y'all suggest? I live in Louisiana and have not seen any of the docs in my hometown yet. But, I think the only things they offer are microdermabrasion and botox type stuff--mostly anti aging things. I think that I would have to go to New Orleans to find a good doctor that offers more.

I want to be able to put makeup on in order to enhance beauty rather than camoflauge scars! Heck, I want to be able to NOT put makeup on! I am hoping to be able to use my tax return for payment, but I will only do this if I feel like the treatment will be beneficial. I am praying for an answer.

Any of your input and or past experiences will be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Bri eusa_pray.gif

I would say I have lke 15 scars and now that I use proactiv I get no more acne.

I am doing T.C.A CROSS at home, I dont know if it will work or not cause i just started, but from what I have heard I should think it would.

But I dont know if u wanna do treatments on yourself.

The first time I did CROSS was like 4 days ago and it was pretty scary but now I feel fine dong it!!!

What is TCA cross? I am going to search it on the net, so hopefully I'll find out. Thanks for your reply.

Brie

I am having the same problem. I just found out about TCA cross. My dermatologist was going to do a TCA Chemical peel on my whole face but I am very afraid to do that incase I lose my pigmentation or something. I heard about TCA cross. Not 100% sure what it is but I think its just to use the TCA chemical peel on your actual scars.

It makes sense. I use glycolic acid lotion at night, which is supposed to smooth out your skin, and it gives great results. But, since I put it on my entire face, it's ALL smoothed out, thus the scars are still there. It makes my skin in general look pretty, though. It's hard to explain, but unless you apply something to ONLY the scars, it will never level out. I'm assuming this is the concept with the TCA cross.

However, I am REALLY afraid of doing it myself! shock.gif I wonder how much it costs to get it done at an office of some sort?

Bri

For boxcar scars please research the following:

- Dermabrasion

- TCA CROSS

- Excision

For rolling scars please research the following:

- Dermabrasion

- Subcision

- Excision