Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UGGGH! sad.gif My face was totally clear except for one or two pimples and then i picked at them and they got totally red and inflamed and now they'll take forever to heal! i hate myself! i always do this. i tell myself that i'm not going to pick or pop anything and then when my face is almost clear or in the process I lose the battle! wacko.gif I need help! Can someone give me any tricks to keep my hands off my face? i think i have ocd cuz i can't control myself! basically i have made my condition worse over the years b/c of picking and popping! please help!!!!

keep yourself busy! if you feel the urge to pick, do something productive like clean the house, do your homework or something...bottomline is..keep those hands busy busy busy!

the only time i ever pick is if i have a whitehead on the front of my face, i cant stand them. if its another type of pimple on the front of my face its ok, i just hate looking at the little white thing. if its a whitehead ont he side of my face i dont mind it, cuz when i look at myself in the mirror i cant see it

theres a condition known by the names below

# Neurotic Excoriations

# Acne Excoriee

# Psychogenic Excoriations

# Dermatillomania

# Compulsive Skin Picking (CSP)

# Psychodermotosis

# Self Injurious Skin Picking (SISP)

check it out if you cant stop picking

I have a similar problem and am seeking professional help for it. So far it really hasn't helped that much. Personally, I tell them I pick to clean my skin of blackheads and other stuff that builds up in the pores. Lately, I've gone to using Zinc 25mg and doxycycline to help with the problem. It has been moderately successful over a short period of time. I eventually hope to use Vitamin B5 since I read on this forum that it can help decrease the oilness of the skin. My philosophy--the less there is to pick at; the less I'll pick. I hope that this helps even if it seems rather stubborn. Thanks.

i just did it and now my forehead has scabs on it and i feel like shit..your not alone...sometimes i just wanna take a bat and smash every mirror in my parents house sad.gif