Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankieBGirl

Overall, Was Accutane worth it for you?

Just like the title states... Was Accutane worth it for you? All the effort, the pain, the dryness.. etc... Is your skin flawless (obviously scars dont count, or red marks because we all have those and tahts a seperate issue).. as far as acne goes.. blackheads,whiteheads,cysts, etc... are you clear? more managable?

Very much worth it for me up to now.

I have 1 month to go (out of 7). i still have a lot of white heads and lumps under the skin but no real active acne. I am wondering if they are going to just dispapear or erupt inot cysts before I am all clear.

-It's great having dry skin and hair for once in my life. Even if accutane doesn't work I have experienced a shine free existence for 7 months. Plus 2 weeks (these 2 previous) of the clearest skin I have had for a decade.

-No amount of dry skin, chapped lips, nose bleeds, dizziness could compare to 16 years of acne

-I think the occassional depression is down to a combination of an expectation of a miracle and fatique.

I believe that if you have heritary stubborn acne then all side affects will be worth it. In my experience there is nothing like it.

Accutane is defnitely worth it.

I had no initial break out, got completely clear, flawless skin within 3 weeks when I started taking it. I was on a 5 month course, and it kept me clear for a year! Although acne returned, I get no more big cysts anywhere, but a bunch of whiteheads and blackheads. I am going back to the derm on the 4th and requesting a 2nd course, hopefully final.

Not for me, but it has worked for so many people which inspires hope for thousands, so that makes it okay for me anyway;)