Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 19 form uk, and Have a lot of acne scars on my face, and my acne is not as active as it was.

I have tried many things before, accutance, the regime, but it has left me with a lot of scars

I have seen a lot of home microdermabrasion kits, do these work? They claim to be as good as the salons! If they are then I am considering buying a kit, if not then I think getting microdermabrasion done proffesionally would be a good option also, it is about £70 a session, and normally 6 sessions is enough. Has anybody ever had it done and if so was you pleased with the results.

Anything you think could also work for scars?

Mainly red marks, but there is a lot of them and it still looks like i have a face full of acne, especially cos i exersise a lot and they get redder when i exersise

Sarah

have you tried apple cider vinegar? It can really help with scarring if applied topically (diluted if it is too strong), and I have seen reports of people finding ACV even more effective (and a sight less expensive) than microdermabraision. It takes time and requires persistence, but by all accounts it really does work for some people. There is a thred on the holistic natural health forum on the whole thing (be warned, it is v. long!!) where you can find out the full story....good luck!