Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phil_b

worst/hardest part of your face to cover?

Guest Anubis

For me...my forehead. It gets too oily and everything seems to slide off too fast!!! If I liked bangs I'd be a happier person, but I don't sad.gif

Nose!! OMG, those sides (bottom that flares out) getting it into that space, and blending!

cheeks and forehead--forehead especially since there's less flesh there and the light hits the area just perfectly to highlight bumps!!! ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

Guest Anubis
Nose!! OMG, those sides (bottom that flares out) getting it into that space, and blending!

Chin spots are a bitch to cover if they are in the crease. Or the nose mouth creases. Makeup tends to wear off easier in these places...must be talking too much..

My cheeks are my worse. eusa_wall.gif When the acne dries out and you try to cover it up and looks all flaky and yucky looking, and to me my cheeks are more noticeable then anywhere else.

awww, well u could always try them out, i got mine cut not too long ago, there not like normal bangs, there shorter pieces of hair that i can brush over my forehead but can brush off to the side if i dont feel like having the bang look...if that even makes any sense lol

awww, well u could always try them out, i got mine cut not too long ago, there not like normal bangs, there shorter pieces of hair that i can brush over my forehead but can brush off to the side if i dont feel like having the bang look...if that even makes any sense lol

yeah i now know i have sensitive skin lol after that facial it seems pretty obvious. i used to use oxy but i havent in years, it was more in grade 7-9 when i had very mild acne. then i was using the one for oily skin (bad i know i should of used for sensitive) and yes my skin tends to be oily. i use clinique on my skin the one that comes in a green tube and is called clarifying makeup...clear skin formula. it works great, cept for my forehead which just is so damnly annoyingly oily! ahh lol...anyways thanks for the advice, i use natural products on my skin as of now. and some of that clinique yellow moisturizor.

I have seen the pictures of your skin and just want to ask... do you have oily skin? It's looks to me like you originally have fair, sensitive skin. You have to understand, and you probably know this now from experience that less is more with acne and other skin conditions. I have tried harsh products like proactiv, murad, and have had several facials only to find that it had made my skin worse. 

You talked about using oxypads, if you have heard they are pads with astringent liquids soaked inside like alcohol, which can make your skin worse from irritation. Never get the idea that you are killing zits with antiseptic and antibacterial products. You always want to treat acne as gently as possible. Never listen to "It gets worse before it gets better" That is very untruthful. It always gets better before it gets worse except for some oral acne medications becuase they affect your internal system. Companies that offer skin products will say that because they want you to keep using their products and your skin is not getting better in the meantime. Looking at your skin color and pores in the picture, your skin looks alot like mine used to, but i can see where that facial did a number on your skin. I am not going to tell you my whole story but i will tell you that i had moderate acne with oily skin. I could never wear makeup (even oil-free) because it would make my skin break out and my skin would look worse by the end of the day after wearing it. then i discovered powder. Powder was the only thing I wore on my skin for a while because some powders can give great coverage, but powder sinks slowly ito your skin if you have oily skin, and stays just on top of your skin if you have normal-dry skin. This means less clogged pores. Dead skin cells can always clog your pores also. Have you ever applied makeup after washing your face to find little scales or flakes on your face? if you have, those are dead skin cells and if you dont't get rid of them they can block your pores and create a pimple underneath them. Thats why Salicylic acid cleansers are good. Their the gentlest type of exfoliant ( never use harsh scrubs with microbeads etc.) and they do a great job of getting rid of dead skin cells. If you are using harsh products on your skin now, you should start experimenting with better products. I have very sensitive skin, and Neutrogena has been known to be choosy about what and how many ingredients they put in their products. Try Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (2% salicylic acid) with a neutrogena powder. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Powder is really good. Your skin looks great though now. My skin always gets better in the sun. Especially if i go to a humid climate like florida for vacation. It's the humidity, humidity is great for people with any skin problems, acne, roscea, excema. It helps balance the ph levels in your skin. You can buy one for like $30-50 and if you dont like it you can return it. I hope i helped give you some good information about your skin. The more knowledge you have about skin, the better you can find out what works for you. Good Luck! and keep on keeping on!

My chin is the most annoying place to cover.. especially at the corners right under my lips.. it always ends up looking like shit.