Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dazman

Delnas "OMG" Method

Hi all and attention Delna(if your still there),

My first post. I'm a 29yo male, that has battled acne for 17yrs. I have successfully used B5 and Bp to control (99.5% clear) my acne for the past year. Due to a recent measuring mistake with my B5 (taking too little), I exprienced an increase in oil production, which lead to a small breakout and after increasing my B5 subsided again.

I've been using Delnas method for just over 2 weeks. At first i had a slight breakout (was expecting that) and then things started to clear, however over the past few days I've had another breakout???(wasn't expecting that)

From the 2 weeks I've noticed my skin is soft and smooth, but my pores appear to be rather blocked...strange as this was not a major problem in the past and not something that's suppose to happen doing this. Red marks are fading, but with the second breakout I'm expecting more red marks...one step forward, one step back. I have noticed a slight increase in oil too - Hence the second breakout???

I'll continue to use this method for another 2 weeks and will be introducing a home made Tea Tree Toner into the mix, but if I continue to breakout at the 4 week mark, then I'll have to cease.

I do have a couple of question regarding Delnas method, that I may have missed while reading ALL the pages.

Do you use warm or cool water when washing off the egg mask?

Same question again, but this time when washing off the ACV?

I've been using cool water both times and I feel this maybe the reason behind the pores clogging and an increase in oil. Your comments would be appreciated.

I would also love to hear from anyone who has using this method for 2+ weeks and hear of their results/opinion of this method.

Thanks and All the best to you

Will keep updating my progress.

D

Hi i started using delna's regimen when i got clear, because the BP had left horrible red marks. I felt like it was working at first. but i think i just liked the way my skin looked/felt because of the exfoliating properties of the Baking Soda. I started slacking with it after about 2 wks, first i stopped the egg mask cause it was just a pain, and i hated the way it felt on my skin. ( i do it every once in a while now just because it does give my skin a nice even tone.) then i stopped the vinegar because it burned the crap out of my eyes, to the point where they would still be burning hrs later, plus it stinks up the house. i still use baking soda like every other day to exfoliate.

So im not sure if the regimen actually gave me noticeable change... but i didnt really stick with it longer than the 2 weeks, either.

i found better results with a TCA peel i just did last week. (13%) Even though my skin is still peeling, it looks better already. If your looking for faster results, you might want to try a peel.

Guest <*>
Hi i started using delna's regimen when i got clear, because the BP had left horrible red marks.  I felt like it was working at first. but i think i just liked the way my skin looked/felt because of the exfoliating properties of the Baking Soda.  I started slacking with it after about 2 wks, first i stopped the egg mask cause it was just a pain, and i hated the way it felt on my skin. ( i do it every once in a while now just because it does give my skin a nice even tone.)  then i stopped the vinegar because it burned the crap out of my eyes, to the point where they would still be burning hrs later, plus it stinks up the house.  i still use baking soda like every other day to exfoliate.

So im not sure if the regimen actually gave me noticeable change... but i didnt really stick with it longer than the 2 weeks, either.

i found better results with a TCA peel i just did last week. (13%)  Even though my skin is still peeling, it looks better already.  If your looking for faster results, you might want to try a peel.

Back again,

The red marks are fading, however as Delnas method is the only new addition to my day, one would assume that this is causing the breakouts. Is breaking out after 2 weeks normal on this method?

Do any readers/users of this method feel that any part of this method has the potential to cause breakouts? If so which part?

I had worked my way up to a 1:4 ACV/water mix, but have decided to lower it back to 1:6, as this is what I was using when my skin cleared after the first breakout when I starting.

Last night I used warm water to remove the egg mask and feel that my skin looks better for it...had been using cool water. I'm still unsure if I should use warm or cool water for removing the ACV. I did read in the thread that cool water should be used, but I feel this maybe causing the clogging of the pores. I have always used warm water on my face, so found it strange for cool water to be suggested. Your feedback?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and results from using this method.

D

i've always thought that lukewarm water was the best for your face.

i should also add that i use about 1:7 water:ACV mixture. when i'm on delna's regime 100%, i never get any breakouts.

I'm glad this method is working for you :-)

I used warm water with all washes today...but have decided to stop this method, as my oil production which was controlled is now excessive and my pores are getting blocked. Could the BS and ACV have dried out my skin too much? and the egg mask have blocked my pores?

I am very confused, as to why this didn't work for me and how I have expierenced shocking results...a complete turn around in my skin condition...good to bad. Any suggestion??

I will now go back to my old regime, with one change. I will remove the BP and replace it with AcneMiracles Acnicure Lotion...I will also be using B5Complete, along with a gentle cleanser morning and night.

Just hope I haven't caused too much damage and things get back to normal asap. Perhaps, once things return to normal, I'll try applying Green Tea toner or ACV/water only to the red marks...was only 4-5 marks I was hoping to fade!

Will update again and let you all now if things are improving

Regards

D

The egg mask might be causing you to breakout.

I tried the egg mask thing a few years back (though I think I may have used the yolk as well as the white sometimes not sure) and though at first it seemed to help eventually my breakouts just got worse and worse... and worse eusa_doh.gif

so I would suggest dropping the egg mask and see how you go

I also don't think it's a good idea to make so many changes to your regime all at once... if the BP worked for you the first time why would you switch to something else?

Just my two cents wink.gif

It has been 1 1/2 days since stopping Delnas regime for red marks and returning to my old regime and what a difference. My skin tone is much better, oil has reduced by 50% at least, pores no longer feel or look blocked and no new pimples. I have to agree with Kat, that the egg mask may have been the problem. I was using egg white only (no yolk) + 1 ts Lemon juice. I do feel that the ACV/water is great for reducing red marks...mine reduced by 50-60% over the 16 days of using this regime, hence the reason I'll only use the ACV/water directly on any red marks in the future.

The reason for removing the BP and replacing with Acnicure...although the BP worked well at keeping my skin clear, I found it would also dry my skin...I'm not a fan of moisturiser. Another reason was due to when my skin cleared I would only use BP in areas I considered my problem areas. After a while, I noticed that when did get a pimple (was getting 1-2 every 2-3 months) it was in areas that I applied BP. From talking with other people I noticed that this was the same for them. The final reason is that I feel natural products are better for the skin...Acnicure contains all natural ingredients and although it has only been 1 1/2 days using it, i must say it does feel great on the skin...besides I can always go back to BP if Acnicure doesn't work as well as BP did.

I also have to agree again with Kat, that too many changes at one time is not a good idea. This is something I have always felt, but I saw Delnas method as only one change...looking back I see it differently now. Lesson learnt.

Well, it's the weekend now, here in Oz...so I'll report back in a few days and update.

Have a great weekend all and don't let your skin hold you back from making the most of it. We only live once...for all we know!

D

PS. Just making sure you are interested in what I have to say...let me know..cheers