Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brazord

Shiny yet dry forehead

Ok. I'm on the regimen (just started) and after I apply the BP, and Vita-K for blotchy skin, I then use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin. I've noticed that my forehead is quite shiny and yet the skin also looks dry and tight simultaneously....Can anyone recommend anything, like perhaps a new moisutrizer or something?

I saw a Neutrogena Moisturizer with Vitamin E that was supposed to be good for blotchy skin and pigmentation (which is a problem I have)...Does anyone know if this would go well with my Vita-K treatment?

Thanks alot for any replies.

oh man...you might be making the mistake I did when I first started using this stuff....I used to put the BP on....leave it overnight...wash it off in the morning and then scrub like crazy.....man....what a mistake...(heh i was so dumb a couple of years ago) ....after the scrubbing like crazy.....It'd basically peel off the first layer of skin...and be left with this shiny...raw....skin/flesh...that hurt whenever anything touched it...

My stupid childhood story heh..hope your not doing this too...

luckily it was only on a small part of my body.

i have this prob now ..

i can either rub it and have shiny skin or leave it and it all peels and makes me look terrible ..

i think ill take the shiney look till i know what im doin wrong

If that is the neutrogena lotion with the fruit extracts or some other crap then stay away from it, it will only make you break out. I like the Neutrogena lotion that dan recommends, you can find a picture of it on this site. Also if you are using a soap that dries your face then that will make it respond by producing a shitload of oil. I use the cetaphil cleanser and it leaves your face feeling good instead of tight and dried out.