Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi people sad.gif

I'm on accutane for 2 months for my moderate acne and i'm trying with all my powers not to stop the treatment cause accutane is not a fun journey...my face is clear and i had my big breakout at my fist month so i'm starting finally to clear up for good.Side effects are dry red skin,dry lips,and some depression sometimes but i'm sure that has nothing to do with the treatment its just that i'm thinking too much negative things lately.Anyway i had my doctor appointment this morning and i'm waiting to hear some good news about my progress and finally boost my confidence a little bit.So here's the good news......Hear this people and tell me what would u do if you were in my place.I'm writing his words exactly as he said them cause i cant get them out of my head."Well u seem like a red tomato to me,or maybe like a monkeys ass...how can u live like that all day?Take a gun and kill yourself many people would do that in your place"...and then he started laughing! cry.gif After hearing his words i cant describe how i felted...I didnt had the courage to do or say anything.My knees were trumbling and i felted like someone was choking me.Really i never heard words like this before....Why he did this?Why? cry.gif

Sometimes i wonder why people do some crazy things like killing themselfs or hurting others...now i understand.

Hi people sad.gif

I'm on accutane for 2 months for my moderate acne and i'm trying with all my powers not to stop the treatment cause accutane is not a fun journey...my face is clear and i had my big breakout at my fist month so i'm starting finally to clear up for good.Side effects are dry red skin,dry lips,and some depression sometimes but i'm sure that has nothing to do with the treatment its just that i'm thinking too much negative things lately.Anyway i had my doctor appointment this morning and i'm waiting to hear some good news about my progress and finally boost my confidence a little bit.So here's the good news......Hear this people and tell me what would u do if you were in my place.I'm writing his words exactly as he said them cause i cant get them out of my head."Well u seem like a red tomato to me,or maybe like a monkeys ass...how can u live like that all day?Take a gun and kill yourself many people would do that in your place"...and then he started laughing! cry.gif After hearing his words i cant describe how i felted...I didnt had the courage to do or say anything.My knees were trumbling and i felted like someone was choking me.Really i never heard words like this before....Why he did this?Why? cry.gif

Sometimes i wonder why people do some crazy things like killing themselfs or hurting others...now i understand.

Make a complaint to the surgery and make sure you never have an appointment with that fucknut again.

Honey, I am so sorry that this happened to you. How incredibly inconsiderate and traumatizing? What would I do? Well, I probably would have found myself speechless as well but afterwards, I would have thought about it and gotten angry then reported his dumb ass to the medical board. When that is over and done with, I would find myself a new doctor.

Now, let’s focus on the color of your skin. Some people on Accutane experience a sunburned or flushed appearance and other people have hyperpigmentation left behind from acne. Which is it that you are suffering from?

At my two month point, my skin was a wreck. By the end of my third month, however, it cleared up. I want you to have faith in this drug countless of the appearance of your skin at this moment. It will get better and the effects you are suffering from are common. Your idiot doctor should have known that.

Hi people sad.gif

Ok. He's an idiot. Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he can't be an asshat. Asshat. That's my new word.

Sorry, I digress. Listen, you can keep it together. Trust me, it will be worth it. Your side effects are perfectly normal given the time frame. We went through exactly the same thing. Trust me. Just keep saying this to yourself, "Clear, Clear, Clear".

I don't know your sex, but if you're female Clinique has this fabulous Super Balm that will help with those lips of yours and make them look pretty. If you're a guy, you can still look pretty. But, if you don't want to look pretty, Blistex does a good job. For the depression, the best remedy is, us. We're here to listen to you. You can rant and rave all you want. Get it out. As for the redness, you might want to try a powder. I don't think i'd be able to tell if a guy had powder on, so it's an option if you feel self conscious about it. Good luck and remember that we're here for you.

that makes me feel sick, that is possible the worst thing he cud of said !!! at least when ur accutane treatment is over u can forget about acne and itll never bother u again

If your Dr really said that to you..then you REALLY need to take action.

I have a feeling he was joking...But regardless, that is not something you joke about and he should have never even thought something like that about a patient, let alone SAY it to the patient. Completely unacceptable and NOT funny.

Them's fightin words- You need to report him, first of all.. and look into a new derm. Don't get depressed over it...That isn't worth it. Just remind yourself that you took action to clear your face, this redness is a side effect, and youll get over it. Also, remind yourself to report this guy... Seriously.

it's not only improper but nearing illegal. He, of all people, should know taht accutane can cause depression, and those comments can be the cause for it. I'm an attorney, (not sure what state you are in). I would be happy to call and complain on your behalf. If anything just talk to him and explain that the behavior is not appropriate.

Minnym0use:

Noone was in the room just me and him,yeah i'm an adult i'm 19.

Arpazia:

Finding a new doctor means end the of treatment and thats something i really dont want to do now.He's a stupid fuck i know but reporting him to the medical board...its a lost story.My skin is red-sunburned,and the funniest thing is that i'm clear!Imagine having spots also....The other thing that pisses me off is that today he gave me a moisturiser to put on...2 months before he said no moisturiser!!!!!

acnehater:

I really cant understand what why he said that....i dont know whats his problem. :

(

GuardedlyOptimistic:I feel very strong about continuing accutane and i'll not give up even for an ass like him.I want to end my prob with acne and i'm going to finish the course.I'm a guy and using powder is not a choice...smile.gif

person222:

Thats what i'm thinking all the time....

FrankieBGirl:

Yeah i thought he was joking too...but he never laughed...he just saw my face and spoke shit.

sissuperstar:

I really want to change doc too but...what if the new doc wont aproove accutane?As i said before my acne is moderate and maybe he'll not agree with the accutane option...

Thnx for the support i really apreciate it.Its ok to hear things like that from a friend of yours or even a total stranger...but hearing it from the person who supposed to cure u...well thats something scary.

Unbreakable- Unfortunately some Doctors are very weird. A friend of mine plays baseball and has been having some major shoulder problems. He went to an Orthopedic Dr and he goes.. "Well, Its either a joint problem, or...cancer" and he goes.. WHAT!??!!?? and the dr didnt laugh at all.. Another Dr he went to, he told him that story- and he was outraged. He said thats not even funny to joke about..and its not even possibly cancer by the tiniest percentage.

Anyway.. so some Drs are just plain idiots. Unfortunately you found a big idiot who would dare comment on a patient like that. And of all drs..dermatologists should be the most understanding type because of the sensitivity we have as acne sufferers.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Do you have redness from accutane, or its from sun exposure? I was a little confused about that. Also...If you are already on accutane, and you switch Drs..you can pretty much guarantee theyll continue your treatment because obviously it was bad enough to get it in the first place... How could they stop mid-treatment?

You CAN get another dermatologist without stopping your treatment. Believe me. Since you just had your appointment and probably got your new prescription (right?), start looking now. Moisturizer is a good thing. It helps to prevent scarring.

OMG. I would have reported him immedeately. Doesn't matter if they take accutane away or not. They probably wouldn't anyway. He deserves to be fired and his doctor career to be over for good.

Please report him

What a dick. Doctor's can be such asses some times. I used to have to work with them, and I see way too many thinking that they are the center of the universe. Many times of have seen them be insensitive their patients. You should listen to some of the conversations they have with their assistants during surgery shock.gif I tell ya if that was me he woulda been the one needing to see the doctor.

here is an idea. . . keep going (if you are worried about stopping your treatment), but document everything, once you are done with Accutane, then you should report him.

Guest Avian

If you complete the course and then complain then people will ask, 'why did you complete the course if you hated him?' Complaining about him right now is probably the best option, unless you don't want to complain at all.

The idea of reporting him sounds good but he might say that he said it for fun or other excuses.Its not that easy...I think i'll search for another derm but first i have to be sure that i'll continue the treatment with him.Tommorow i have a blood test and i'll speak to this bastard for the last time maybe so if u have any ideas what to say i'll be very happy to listen!:)

When you walk in, comment on how he looks. Just be nasty- he was nasty to you.. And if he says anything, just be like "Yeahhhh my red tomato, ape's ass of a face was pretty offended the other day. You are lucky I respect people and didnt smash you with a tire iron. Respect. You should look it up."

"Yeahhhh my red tomato, ape's ass of a face was pretty offended the other day. You are lucky I respect people and didnt smash you with a tire iron. Respect. You should look it up."

If its true what u say u should have fired back at him! I would have felt like beating the shit out of him. Now u should complain to the hospital and tell them that he has led u to depression and try to get him fired biggrin.gif