Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pipette

Confused-foundation+powders!

I am 29 and have had very resistant acne for 17 years (2 courses roaccutane, non-stop topicals). Dermatologists are baffled and have given up on me.

I am using Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and Clinique loose powder, which sort of do the job, but I am still getting lots of new blackheads/whiteheads, and my dermatologist thinks it may be the powder- so I'm thinking of changing that. Could anyone please advise on a good non-comedogenic loose powder, I don't know where to start! I would need something available in Europe.

I'm also thinking of trying a new foundation, yet again (I keep coming back to Estee Lauder as it's the only one that covers well and that's mattifying but not too drying), because despite applying it with a brush, it sometimes doesn't glide on too well. I've read about Mac, Prescriptives, Almay but I am completely confused. My dermatologist advises a liquid foundation, and I've usually stuck to oil free but they often dry too fast and look very blotchy. I also have very fair skin, which can be problematic. Complete nightmare, I usually buy a bottle and end up not using it. So far I've tried Clinique, Neutrogena, Lancome, La Roche Posay and all the cheaper chemist ones. Estee Lauder is the only one that comes close, but it's not fantastic. Please help!

I'd REALLY appreciate any advice, I'm new to this site but I think it could be of great help.

Thanks everyone.

I am 29 and have had very resistant acne for 17 years (2 courses roaccutane, non-stop topicals). Dermatologists are baffled and have given up on me.

I am using Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and Clinique loose powder, which sort of do the job, but I am still getting lots of new blackheads/whiteheads, and my dermatologist thinks it may be the powder- so I'm thinking of changing that. Could anyone please advise on a good non-comedogenic loose powder, I don't know where to start! I would need something available in Europe.

I'm also thinking of trying a new foundation, yet again (I keep coming back to Estee Lauder as it's the only one that covers well and that's mattifying but not too drying), because despite applying it with a brush, it sometimes doesn't glide on too well. I've read about Mac, Prescriptives, Almay but I am completely confused. My dermatologist advises a liquid foundation, and I've usually stuck to oil free but they often dry too fast and look very blotchy. I also have very fair skin, which can be problematic. Complete nightmare, I usually buy a bottle and end up not using it. So far I've tried Clinique, Neutrogena, Lancome, La Roche Posay and all the cheaper chemist ones. Estee Lauder is the only one that comes close, but it's not fantastic. Please help!

I'd REALLY appreciate any advice, I'm new to this site but I think it could be of great help.

Thanks everyone.

what you need is mineral make up

i too have had so many problems with foundation and i have loads of foundations hanging around in my bathroom that i have hardly used

i am waiting for Deepest Beauty's mineral liquid make up and it is a custom kit so i can match my perfect shade!!!

Thanks for the advice- I've seen quite a lot of stuff about mineral make up on this site but I know nothing about it so no idea how it's different from other make-ups. I'll look into it. Is it really that fantastic?

Thanks for the advice- I've seen quite a lot of stuff about mineral make up on this site but I know nothing about it so no idea how it's different from other make-ups. I'll look into it. Is it really that fantastic?

i have never tried it - but, like you, i have heard a lot of great stuff about it from here - i am still waiting for my order to arrive - when it does i will keep you posted on how it goes!!

Yes, thanks, I'd like to know how you find it. The problem with acne-type skin is that it tends to be both oily and prone to dryness/sensitivity, so finding just the right balance of cover/oil control/not too much dryness/ease of application/durability is just a nightmare!

Are you in the UK? Just wondering how easy it is to obtain outside the US.

Guest Anubis

I like the minerales in powder form...but have not tried the liquid forms of them yet! Let us know how they are!

Yes, thanks, I'd like to know how you find it. The problem with acne-type skin is that it tends to be both oily and prone to dryness/sensitivity, so finding just the right balance of cover/oil control/not too much dryness/ease of application/durability is just a nightmare!

Are you in the UK? Just wondering how easy it is to obtain outside the US.

I am from Europe - when you check out you should get your country as an option of payment. Since i am on accutane i ordered the 'sensitive' formula. However the 'acne' formula may be ideal because it contains tea tree oil - however if you are sensitive you might do better with the 'sensitive' one.

i am going through a tough patch at the moment since i am on accutane and my skin is super flakey - i have sooooo many foundations but i dont like any1 of them!! i will definitely keep u posted once i get my package and try it out!!!

so many people have the same problem - i am surprised no cosmetic company has, as yet, solved this - i mean we send people out of space but havent found a cure for acne - like that is so unjust!