Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam09

Regimen Disaster

I started the regimen a few days ago. Materials:

Cetaphil Cleanser

Neutrogena On the Spot

Neotrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin

So, for the first 3 days were as expected... redness of skin, everything that was described. But when I went to sleep on the 3rd night, I woke up with a hideous brown line on one side of my face. Maybe I rolled over during my sleep. It was at the border of where I did and didn't apply the BP. Needless to say, I thought this wasn't normal, so I stopped the regimen.

It's a couple days after and that brownish line is still there. It's almost like burnt skin or something. I think it will scar... and if it does, it's a BIG scar. Now I feel horrible.

I wish I my ugly acne-prone skin of before, rather than my ugly acne-prone skin + scar of now. I know for many people the regimen has worked or is working, but for me, I wish I had never tried.

Hi Sam

I have had a similiar thing happen to me, its like a red/brown line on your skin. For me I got them running from the corner of my mouth down to my jaw. I do not apply BP on my chin area and stop applying it at the corner of my mouth. For me they usually go away in 24 hours but do look silly while they are there. It looks just like a burn mark.

I can't help with what you can use on it, just leave it alone and it should fade away.

Happy

I started the regimen a few days ago.  Materials:

Cetaphil Cleanser

Neutrogena On the Spot

Neotrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin

So, for the first 3 days were as expected... redness of skin, everything that was described.  But when I went to sleep on the 3rd night, I woke up with a hideous brown line on one side of my face.  Maybe I rolled over during my sleep.  It was at the border of where I did and didn't apply the BP.  Needless to say, I thought this wasn't normal, so I stopped the regimen.

It's a couple days after and that brownish line is still there.  It's almost like burnt skin or something.  I think it will scar... and if it does, it's a BIG scar.  Now I feel horrible. 

I wish I my ugly acne-prone skin of before, rather than my ugly acne-prone skin + scar of now.  I know for many people the regimen has worked or is working, but for me, I wish I had never tried.

I use the nuetrogena, I think it works decent... better then others I have tryed.... but mine is not for sensitive skin, it just says " Neutrogena Moisture Oil Free SPF 15"

Thanks for the advice guys.

Well, went to see my family physician about this brown/red scar yesterday. He just avoided the subject (saying "I don't know what happened here") and prescribed medication for my existing acne. He prescribed elidel, which I researched to be used for eczema (which I don't think I have). Guess I can't trust general practitioners. Will see my dermatologist on tuesday.

But the red crusty scar has got better. It's still very prominent... but I can see marginal improvements. I hope it will heal... but knowing my skin, it'll probably take a month or more.

I think I know the cause though. I think it's because I had used C&C Black Head Astringant (salilcylic acid) the days preceding my start of the regimen (benzoyl peroxide).

Lesson learned. Never ever ever ever ever ever mix products, even over-the-counter products. And wait a few days w/o putting anything on your face before starting the regimen.