Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I, like many of you I'm sure, have heard the horror stories of laser resurfacing. I would never dream of touching CO2 or any intense laser. But I think the Sciton Laser, also known as the micro laser peel, is a great option from what I have been investigating. I saw this girl who had pretty bad scarring at the doctors office (mind you, this was a live person, not some potentially doctored picture) and after two laser peels at 10 and 20 microns, her scarring was I would say 70% improved. The average CO2 laser goes like 100-150 microns, thus comes in the risks. The price is even reasonable. It costs 800 for a 30 micron procedure, in which the downtime is about 2-3 days of peeling/redness, and then the next four days the red/pink color fades and then your back to normal state (not to bad of a recovery time if you ask me). She said you would be able to go into public and feel as if you had a small sunburn about 4-5 days, so if you had one on thursday, you would be ready to go back to work/school probably by mon or tues at the latest. This seems so much more promising than many of the available treatments (smoothbeam, cooltouch, and fraxel), all of which cost more and guarantee FAR less results. If anyone has any information on this I would be greatly appreciative but I think I am going to do this not this thursday, but the next. I will keep you updated if yall are interested.

Any impressions, comments, or opinoins???????????????????????

I, like many of you I'm sure, have heard the horror stories of laser resurfacing. I would never dream of touching CO2 or any intense laser. But I think the Sciton Laser, also known as the micro laser peel, is a great option from what I have been investigating. I saw this girl who had pretty bad scarring at the doctors office (mind you, this was a live person, not some potentially doctored picture) and after two laser peels at 10 and 20 microns, her scarring was I would say 70% improved. The average CO2 laser goes like 100-150 microns, thus comes in the risks. The price is even reasonable. It costs 800 for a 30 micron procedure, in which the downtime is about 2-3 days of peeling/redness, and then the next four days the red/pink color fades and then your back to normal state (not to bad of a recovery time if you ask me). She said you would be able to go into public and feel as if you had a small sunburn about 4-5 days, so if you had one on thursday, you would be ready to go back to work/school probably by mon or tues at the latest. This seems so much more promising than many of the available treatments (smoothbeam, cooltouch, and fraxel), all of which cost more and guarantee FAR less results. If anyone has any information on this I would be greatly appreciative but I think I am going to do this not this thursday, but the next. I will keep you updated if yall are interested.

Any impressions, comments, or opinoins???????????????????????

well, i actually have heard of it. in fact, a month or so ago, I went to a facial clinic and they told me about sciton....but to me, it just looked like a typical laser thing...suited mostly only for wrinkles, etc. And I've heard too many negative things about lasers, so...So, I didn't really give it a thought. But I'm quite interested in it. I would love to hear more from you and how it goes!

Keep us updated! biggrin.gif

well, i actually have heard of it. in fact, a month or so ago, I went to a facial clinic and they told me about sciton....but to me, it just looked like a typical laser thing...suited mostly only for wrinkles, etc. And I've heard too many negative things about lasers, so...So, I didn't really give it a thought. But I'm quite interested in it. I would love to hear more from you and how it goes!

Keep us updated!  biggrin.gif

that's awesome!! i can't wait to see the pics. so you're getting it done next thursday? I'm very excited now, even though I'm not even the one getting it done!! hehe just something new, which I haven't seen anyone say they've done here, so.... biggrin.gif

Btw, how bad/severe are your scars? that might also make a difference. mine are pretty moderate/deep and all over...

If you just put sciton microlaser peel in google or yahoo search engine you should be able to pulll up plenty of information. I urge you to calll a few of the places even if they aren't even close to you to find information out. The more places you call and the more questions you ask the more informed you will be. From the research I have done, I really like the sound of the whole thing despite not liking the idea of lasers.

Good luck.

blahblah9 --how did the procedure go? Did you have the micro laser peel done? Could anyone else give imput on their results if they had this done or know of someone who did?? thanks

Haven't heard of it until now, but it sounds interesting indeed :D

Keep us updated! Can't wait! :D