Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJFlyers97

best time of day for accutane

I was wondering, since my perscription calls for a 40mg tablet once daily of accutane, what would the best time of day to take the pill if that even matters.

I am 5' 8" - 135 pounds by the way

thanks

I don't think it really matters when you take it during the day.. but its recommended that you take it after or during a meal.. usually around the same time everyday..

I am also on 40mg once a day 5’6 130lbs, I take mine after dinner that is usually the biggest and sometimes only real meal that I eat, and it is at the same time everyday so I can be consistent on taking it. Plus if it does happen to give me an upset stomach it is at night and not during the day when I have so much that I have to do.

I'm amazed you guys can take accutane at night. If I take it too close to bed time, it keeps me up. I like to take it with breakfast or lunch, the earlier the better.

i take my 60mg right after dinner with a full glass of water - my derm recommended that i take it with my dinner - never heard that Accutane keeps u up - it makes me more drowsy i think!

When I first started my course I tried to space my dosage throughout the day but then I eat at irregular intervals and kept forgetting. Now I take my whole dosage with my evening meal(7-9pm)and don't think it makes a difference.

I take Accutane in the morning after breakfast, and in the evening after dinner.

However, I can't eat a lot in the morning! I feel like I need to eat more for accutane.

So can I change time to take one pill after school when I eat (around 2:30 pm)? and the next one at like 6-7-8 pm?

I'm 5.7, 138 lbs you guys are like the same height and weigh less. I'm depressed now sad.gif I don't have time for exersising because of school sad.gif

i take mine after dinner, because it's my biggest (and fattiest!!) meal, and often, it's the only meal i have.

if you have to take Accutane during the day but can't have a large meal, just drink a glass of milk (make sure it's not skim--it should have at least SOME fat as Accutane is better absorbed that way), then take the med. with a full glass of water.

milk is just as good a vehicle for the med. as food.

nice! smile.gif I just drank a glass of milk and took accutane. I wasn't hungry at all. Stupid me ate a donut today sad.gif