Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
electroscars

tiny scars

Hi. I had electrolysis done a few months back which left my sensitive skin with tiny little indents in the areas where the procedure was performed. They are not very deep but they really bother me and my self-esteem is going down the drain now. I stopped going for electrolysis back in January, but the marks remain. Do these types of scars typically heal themselves or should I be thinking about more aggressive treatments to make them go away? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I really hope they go away, but I know this might not be the case! Let me know if you have any suggestions.

i really hope they just fade away. I just need something to help them fade. They are so tiny it just looks like little indents. I dont' want to do something harsh to treat them! I need help...any suggestions?

what exactly do your scars look like? i have some tiny scars too. but i got them from (picking on my) acne. they are really-really shallow, but they are a little darker, to my unprofessional eye the look as if the top layer of the skin is not there anymore. i took some pictures of them, but with my camera...let's say i would like to have the skin i have on the photo - it's absolutely clear.

some of my tiny scars are new, but some i have for almost five years or so. at the moment i am doing the lemon-vinegar method and i will stick with it for some months, i will tell you if it is of any help with my scars. i would like to do some peels but in france they don't really sell them and i am not sure about ordering them on the internet. i also use the l'oréal microdermabrasion kit twice a week...anyways, i will keep you updated

Mine are really shallow too very similar to yours probably. Did some of them go away in time? I might try to lemon method too. Does that home microdermabrasion kit seem to be helping at all? I was contemplating buying one or getting it professionally done. I am also condering Smoothbeam or a light chemical peel. I just want them gone!!! Sometimes the tinier they are, the more fixated you are on them because you don't understand why they won't just fade away!

i think it is too early yet to say if the home microdermabrasion and the lemon-vinegar method are working as i just started using them. But every time I apply the vinegar on my face focusing on the little scars they really get red, which I consider to be a good sign smile.gif