Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spimpatl

Anyone tried "fasting" to get rid of acne?

I was reading that on a site that said by juice fasting, the body starts to take the nutriets from the juice and the rest of the body and rebuild skin. it also takes dead skin cells among other thing.

Here is a link:

http://www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health/fasting.htm

But, I was wondering if anyone has tried anything similiar? I eat a lot of junk foods and I wonder if going a day or 2 without any foods, just water and healthy fruit drinks and shakes would cleanse my system and possibly help my skin since i have a lot of redness from old acne.

Advice?

I was reading that on a site that said by juice fasting, the body starts to take the nutriets from the juice and the rest of the body and rebuild skin.  it also takes dead skin cells among other thing.

Here is a link:

http://www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health/fasting.htm

But, I was wondering if anyone has tried anything similiar?  I eat a lot of junk foods and I wonder if going a day or 2 without any foods, just water and healthy fruit drinks and shakes would cleanse my system and possibly help my skin since i have a lot of redness from old acne.

Advice?

One time I was sick And i didnt eat much for about 4 days and my face complexion really improved guess thats a way of fasting

Fasting in various forms can help but it isn't a practicable or sustainable solution for acne.

There are some threads in Diet/Holistic on apple fasts, liver flushes, and the like, and this should give you a good start point. A juice fast is also detoxifying for the liver.

My biggest problem with all these is that while I know done say 3 days every few months is good for my health, I'm a 21-year-old male and something like this is really at odds with my metabolism. A woman would love to the slimming side-effect of such a calorie restrictive diet, but most guys don't want or need this, especially those who are already skinny.

I think a 3 day juice fast is a good way to transition into a healthier diet.